Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how are they going to manage....?

sorry to post this here and the baby foru but it concerns both
i have two kids (18 months and 5 months) i am going back to work next month and my parents will be looking after them... i dont know how they are going to manage to feed both of them...
my 18 months old girl is a fussy eater she eats breakfast at 9 and then lunch at 1.3 (it takes an hour for her to eat.. we feed her and we have to use all the tricks in the world to make her eat such as blowing bubbles, put some dvd or read to her) and t takes two people to feed her.. so i am realy worried about how they are going to manage to feed the other baby...
how do you guys manage..
will be grateful for any advice...really desperate and worried..thanks

Replies

• Options
    Have you tried her with finger foods and things like that? All mine have got to about 9-12 months and were far happier feeding themselves with toast, fish, biscuits, veg, fruit etc. The only thing we would feed was the breakfast if it was cereal but even then, there always came a time that they'd want the spoon to do it themselves - at that point we used 2 spoons, 1 for us and 1 for them, till they got used to doing it. Maybe she would eat better if she was able to do it herself?
  • Options
    hi hun, i really wouldnt panic about it, they have obveously had kids them self and may have some tricks of there own. you may even find thay you little one doesnt put up a fight for them as she does with you. my little boy is 3 and a night mare getting him to sit at the table and eat, but at play school he eats absolutly loads. just tell your parents that you want them to be honest with you if there struggling and you can worry if that happens. try not to stress you parents with your concerns as it could make them up tight at feed times and that could rub off on your l/o. we all like to think we are the only ones that can manage our l/os but as much as i hate to admit it, they can survive with out us mummies.

sian