Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The importance of context, LOL

Spence was keeping himself amused so I seized the opportunity to have a little tidy-up. I had my head in the toy box and Spencer was wondering around saying "Diddydaddy juice" over and over. While my back was turned I kept saying "Yes, Daddy drinks juice". It was only when I turned around that I realised he was talking about his trainers...

Trainers? You may ask. Aha, well in Spence's language Igglepiggle is Diddydaddy (so is Upsy Daisy and Makka Pakka, LOL) and when he says "shoes" it often sounds like "juice". So Diddydaddy Juice is infact his trainers which have a picture of Igglepiggle on!

Oh dear, can't wait 'til he learns a few more words, LOL.

Liz x

Replies

• Options
    :lol: Isaacs shoes and juice sound the same too, he has just learnt to say iggle piggle so it sounds like that but before that they were all macca pacca which he says to sound like bugger bugger, not so good in tescos when he was shouting at a little girl who had an upsy daisy hat on "bugger hat" the mother did give me a rather odd look :lol:
  • Options
    My lo calls titifers 'tities' !!!! Explain that one when he's sees the parrots in the local butterfly farm and shouts titties at the top of his voice !!! I think the writers of ITNG have a lot to answer for. image