Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Eating on a hot day

Lily eats next to nothing on hot days, and I really do mean just 3 or 4 bites of each meal and perhaps a few grapes or something (though she always finishes her milk am and pm). Do your LOs do this and does it matter? It doesn't seem to stop her sleeping through or affect her mood.

[Modified by: PinkToothbrush on 22 June 2010 17:12:45 ]

Replies

• Options
    carson does this sometimes when its hot, offer cool foods,yoghurts ect and as long as she drinks i wouldnt woory if it picks up again
  • Options
    Yes my lo does exactly the same. He had 2 spoons of porridge this morning, about 1/8th of a sandwich at lunch and about 5 or 6 spoons of his tea. He's even spat grapes out and he usually loves them! He also drinks all his milk though. It doesn't seem to affect him so I'm hoping he will just make up for it on colder days!
  • Options
    On warm days I try and eat indoors as its cooler, so she eats more.
    I find she tends to drink less despite offering it to her regularly.
  • Options
    Lily does it too. She will accept milk in a beaker and drink the lot tho!
  • Options
    Yep, we currently live in Cyprus and the temps reach up to 40 for most of July/August. I've noticed some days my lo's won't eat big meals but will have light meals and a few snacks. Then other days they will eat well again. I wouldn't worry, as long as they are drinking and well in themselves. And sleeping through of course!
  • Options
    yeah my little fella prefers sandwiches and more snack type foods on hot days. He still has plenty to drink though. Try her with some fruit lollies (you could make some) if you're worried about fluids, but i tend to just offer small amounts of food every couple of hours.