Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Which is better?

Hi ladies, I know lots of people have been asking about the elc kitchens - there is a wooden one and a plastic one there and they are both lovely.

So my question is - Money no object - which is better wood or plastic??

I am torn between them - on the one hand the wooden one is so beautiful and will look lovely in the playroom. On the other hand will the paint chip off? Maybe the plastic one would be more durable - with 2 bigger brothers around the place it will get a lot of wear and tear! Do you think the plastic one will be more 'playable' with?

What do you think?

Mxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Wood for me - definately. I was put off by the racks in the plastic one not fitting right tbh although i liked everything else about it but when I saw the wooden one on display (not the red one) the quality was just so much nicer imo.

The finish on the red one is really nice and it'd probably have to take a real hard knock to chip badly i think. My friend has a wooden kitchen which they have had for about 3 or 4 years now and she now has 3 kids (the littlest is too small to play with it yet) and its still in fantastic condition and its also been through a house move and survived ok. Her kids play with it often and cole always goes and raids the cupboards in it when we are there so imo its plenty playable with

hth and I know i'm hugely biased against the red one cause I think its lovely and seems really well made (although we haven't put it toether yet, only checked its all there)