Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tyler & our trip to A&E

well last weekend I caught Tyler drinking dirty water in the back garden. I wasnt sure how much he drank but assumed it couldnt have been much as he wasnt out there long. A couple of hours later he was sick....alot but I guessed it was the bodies way of getting rid of all that scummy water. We went to Tescos and he spewed again and I saw a tinge of blood in it and started to panic. I payed for our shopping and went home. When we got home he was sick 2 more time both with blood in and by now I was in hysterics. Luckily my mum was up to stay so we took him into A&E bythis time he had been sick about 8 times. I couldnt believe where is t was all coming from. At A&E they basically told up that he probably was being sick from the water and the blood was a tear in his food pipe from wretching and not to worry the scid in his stomach would kill and germs/bugs he may have swallowed. Aaalll night he was being sick and the next day the nappies started! OMG they were horrible. By the Tuesday he had a temperature and when it was still high on Weds I phoned NHS direct who told me to take him to Drs. Our Dr said that it could be a virus and that the timing was coincidence from drinking the water or it could be a bacterial infection in his tummy (so much for the acid destroying everythng) so I had to take a stool sample in Thurs morning (which can take up to a week to come bk) He is still having really runny nappies but has stopped being sick. Hes dropped alot of weight and its worrying as he wasnt that big anyway. I feel like the worst mummy in the world! Fingers crossed he will be bk to normal in a few days.

Replies

• Options
    Oh poor boy! That definately makes last nights trip to A&E after Cole cracked his head on the flagstones look eventful.

Please don't worry about the weightloss though - when Cole had rotavirus after a week of the shits he ended up all skin and bones and there wasn't much of him in the first place either but after a week he'd put all the weight back on again

Hope he's back to normal soon
    xx
  • Options
    thanks ladies, just noticed how bad my spelling is in that post. lol.

Poor Cole, hope hes ok. Toddles eh?.... so many accidents. Hope hes feeling better soon

xx
  • Options
    Yep he's ok today thanks.. I figured he wasn't so sore once he started doing headstands on the sofa lol.

I think its boys..they should come pre-fitted with helmets and bubblewrap lol
  • Options
    Bless him - hope he's better soon honey!
    xx