Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Only Children

Well, my only child is 27 months, and it's amazing how 'normal' life is now and how he has morphed from a baby to a child.

I don't know how it happened but I no longer browse the baby aisle of the supermarket, just grab nappies and wipes. Haven't bought formula or jars for well over a year, nor have I blended or sterilised anything. Bottles/steriliser were took to the tip also over a year ago...Moses basket, baby swing have been given away. I cannot remember being pregnant...Seriously, just can't remember what it felt like!!

We're ttc and really do not know how im gonna get back into the swing of things lol!!! I will have to get my baby stuff back! xx

Replies

• Options
    I feel the same way - I like being the 3 of us esp. now as dd is getting older and more independent everyday! DD is 30 months and the thought of nighttime feeds, baby gear all over the house and spitup isn't something I look forward too. Combined with my age and the fact that we've been ttc for 9 months (even though with DD we were 1st month lucky) part of me thinks that if it doesn't happen, I'm OK with it but we certainly want to give a try longer. If we do get a bfp, we'll be over the moon as our family will most def. be complete....
  • Options
    double post!

[Modified by: canuckmom on August 20, 2010 02:35 PM]

• Options
    i have 2 but i know what you mean about feeling like your past the babay stage. up until about 6 months ago i thought that i would really like another one but now that things have got so much easier i deffinatly will not be having any more! im really enjoying my family how it is ( my girls are 5 and 29 months) and dont want to go back to nappies bf and sleepless nights!!! ( not that freya sleep through every night).
    xxx
  • Options
    I'm crashing in here as you know I have 2 girls, but I'm seriously debating whether to try for another. I think my 2 are getting quite grown up now, and I really want another baby now! Before I was planning to wait until they were about 6 and 7 and have another, but I'm sure when they get to that age I'll never want to go back to nappies and night feeds etc. I'd rather get the hard work over and done with in one go!

Good luck with ttc, hopefully Gabe won't be an only child for too much longer!

xxx
  • Options
    I know what you mean! DS is 5 and DD is 2 and a half so it's now a case of chucking a spare nappy and some wipes in my handbag and off we go. We bought all the stuff for potty training yesterday too, planning to start once DS is back at school. Once that's over and done with she really will be a big girl. I happy that our family's complete but am a little sad that the baby days are over!!!!
    Xx
  • Options
    Thats why i got it over and done with :lol: couldnt imagine getting out of it all and then doing it all again.. dd was 21 months when ds arrived so we where still kind of in baby mode with routine etc xx
  • Options
    Hi we have 2 Lexie will be 3 in oct and Leah is 17 months and it has been much easier over the last 6 months but we are now ttc number 3! must be mad but i do know this will be the last for quite a few years just waiting for my bfp.
  • Options
    Ahhh I know how you feel not browsing baby ailes etc anymore, the kids section of clothing in a big store here is size 1-7 so i just look in there now! No rompers or anything lol! :S Since I am single and young I have absolutely no idea if I will ever have the opportunity to have mroe kids, but it certainly won't be for a few years at LEAST, and Maddie will be a real little girl then, at least in school if it ever happens!

I can see why people only have 1 (or 2 kids close together) now, I used to want 4 kids but now I am definitely happy with 1, especially since she is getting mroe independant and I live with my parents so a couple times a week when she's asleep I can go grab something from shops or go to soccer or when she's awake I can leave if I need to and know she doesn't really need me! :\(

lol. I think, if I ever get married or at least settle down in a proper relationship, I will have a couple more, I can't remember pregnancy well either, I didn't enjoy it (was 16 and 17 so not exactly the best news to share) as I should have so would like to experience it 'properly' and try for a vbac too! woooo this is long now, good luck ttc image I'm sure it will all come back to you hehe xxx
  • Options
    Poppy is so far an only child and to be honest, I'm not sure I want another at all. We always said we'd wait till our first was in school full time before trying for another one - well by that time I'll be almost 39 so by then it may not even happen. I won't have one earlier just in case, if we can't have one then I'll still feel like the luckiest woman alive with just Poppy.
    Plenty of my friends have just had their second baby and while it's nice to hold them for a snuggle, it's nicer to hand them back!
    Poppy is at such a wonderful age (almost 3), I can't imagine having to divide my time between her and a newborn so I know that for now, I'm happy with what I have!
    I'm sure it'll all come back to you so fast when you do have another little bundle and it'll just seem like second nature. I wish all of you that are trying to conceive the very best of luck for a speedy BFP!!
    xx
  • Options
    Donna - your post could have word for word have been written by me. I feel exactly the same. Will even be same age whn Archie goes to school and we consider having another (couldn't possible afford childcare for 2!)

I've just spent 4 days with my sister and her newborn. I was so broody all through her pregnancy. But now I realise I was broody for pregnancy and not for the baby.
    I returned home to my loveable nearly 2yr old monkey yesterday. Who showered me with hugs and kisses.
    Yes, newborn nephew was gorgeous but I wasn't at all jealous of my sister doing night feeds, pacing back and forth with colicky baby, begging baby to sleep etc.

I might well change my mind, good luck if you decide to have more, but for me I'm giving the baby aisle a big swerve for the time being ! S x