Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cows milk

hi there, i am just wondering how i introduce my little one to cows milk, shes 13months old. i dont know wether to give her cows milk during the day and formula as her last bottle. or do i just change her milk? also, she has started getting up through the night for a feed, i try everything then after a couple of hours i have to give her a bottle. can anyone help???? x

Replies

• Options
    HI, my lo is just 1 and i have started giving him cows milk at lunchtime in a sippy cup. apparently at aged 1 they should have 2/3 of a pint of full fat milk per day. i still give formula as last bottle. hope this helps xx
  • Options
    hi leigh i could have wrote this myself - joseph is 11 months nearly and i would like to start with cows milk a little only he throws it across the room lol! he has a bottle at 7pm and has started to wake in the night for one too. he eats really well ?
    we try to put dummy back etc but eventually we do give in (i work full time and have to be up at 6am)i have been advised by the other girls that maybe mix one of his bottles to get him used to the taste of cows milk maybe you could try this? xx
  • Options
    so, its ok to mix formula and cows milk in the same bottle?
    as for the getting up through the night, i dont know why shes started doing it, she eats well and shes very active and normally gets to bed between 8 and 9, its not like i put her to bed at 6.............hope it doesnt happen tonight, i thought i was past the steepless nights 9 months ago!!!!!