Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Are twin pushchairs essential?

Hi,

Can anyone offer their advice on this?

I am 30 weeks pregnant with my second baby and by the time he's born my little boy will be 26 months. I am trying to decide wheher it will be worth getting a twin pushchair or just another expensive mistake. My oldest will still be going to nursery 2 days a week when the baby is born so any errands I need to do could be done then with baby in a single pushchair, the only thing is if I don't get one it means on the other 3 weekdays when hubby is at work and can't help out we would probably be stuck at home as not sure how my little boy would feel about walking an even if we drive somewhere we would still need to get ut ofhe car and walk a little bit.

Please help??!! :\?

Replies

• Options
    Hello,

There are a few options available as I would agree not only might your lo become tired, he also may be easier to watch and keep safe if he is in a pushchair too. If you don't want to buy a double pushchair you could buy a buggy board or a buggy pod. The buggy pod clips to the side of your pushchair turning it in to a double. Both these options give your little one a place to sit while still using your old puschair, and can be picked up for reasonable prices on ebay. I bought a double when my second was born, my first lo was 19 months when her sister was born. It has been great because they do seem to still want to nod off after a few hours at the park and it makes going place much simpler then trying to chase a toddler around the shops. lol. Best of luck with your decision and congrats on your pregnancy
  • Options
    I've seen people pushing their pushchair with a buggy board and think they look really uncomfy for mum, they all seem to be pushing stooped over! Don't think I will get one of these plus it doesn't give my lo anywhere to rest if he's tired.
    I agree about the benefits of a double, my lo is a really good walker but he chooses when he wants to walk and goes in his pushchair if he wants to or if we are going to be walking a while. I think it probably makes sense for me to get a double, never know when I might need it and like you say even for trips to the park.
    All I've got to do now is make up my mind which one of many to get!
  • Options
    hi. you could try one of those sit and stand buggy boards. for got the proper name for them but they are bulky like a buggy board.i use the cosatto lunar twin buggy at the mo as it is really compact and folds really small.xx
  • Options
    i would personally say yes, my little girl was 2 1/2 when lo was born and i couldnt be without mine, i dont drive and i hate being stuck in all the time, buggy boards are good but if you toddler decides to throw a tantrum in the middle of the street at least if you have a pushchair you can strap them in. I have the phil and teds double and its great coz if were only going to the park i use it as a single.
  • Options
    Hi, my 2 are also a 26 month old age gap and i had the same query. Ended up getting a Maclaren triumph from pramwold.com for around ??110 and Im so glad i did. Still use my singe buggy/pram aswell sometimes.
  • Options
    thanks for your help on this one, it's always good to know how other people have managed in the same situation.

been talking to hubby and he agrees that we should definitely get a double pushchair. going to go looking for one this weekend, hopefully won't end up costing a fortune as we've got to start decorating before baby comes too and that's turning out to be expensive enough already!

• Options
    My lo wil be 25mths when our 2nd baby is born in nov & like Hayley we have gone for a phil & ted sport. Although its a bit pricier than some, it quickly converts between a single & a double. My only regret is that I didnt get it 1st time round

Hilary x
  • Options
    Been assking the same question myself! I am due 16th Nov and little one will be 2year and one month then. Thanks everyone I think I 2 will definately get a a twin. Anybody used the Jane power twin? Like the idea of having the car seat facing me with baby in while toddler faces out like normal buggie, have I got this right as only seen pics online?
  • Options
    Hi elhughes

When I was looking for a double I was deciding between the phil& teds, that I went for & the Jane Powertwin. I thought both of them were fantastic & it was really just down to personal choice which one to go for. You can put a carset on the Jane Powertwin. You should find out if there is a stockist near you so you can see one

Hilary x
  • Options
    My son was 23 months when I had my daughter and if I don't have him in the double, he just runs off all the time so when I have the single that means I have to leave the baby and run after him so it is easier to have him in the buggy I got mine from Toys R Us it was ??139.99
  • Options
    have finally decided which double pushchair to go for, ordered it this weekend.

after looking around we've decided to go for the new M&P twin aria. one of the seats is slightly bigger than the other so you can still fit your newborn in their car seat onto the pushchair to make a travel system, my toddler can go in the other seat at the side. we tried him in and he liked it, he was all ready to fall asleep in there, his eyes were going, he looked really relaxed!

in theory it sounds great but i will only know when i start using it, bit worried now as some other posts have come up lately with people saying they're not happy with mamas and papas prams.

has anyone else used the M&P twin aria, if so is it any good?

kelly x
  • Options
    sounds like a good pram that! have you got a link for it?
  • Options
    hi wenders,

just been on the M&P website and the link is

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-188176000/type-i/

it only comes in this one colour, saw it in the shop at the weekend and it's nice enough, plus if it does the job not too worried about the colour. you get the raincover and 2 footmuffs with it for ??250 which is quite pricey but it just sounds so convenient to put new baby in car seat if i need to.

kelly x
  • Options
    that looks ace!! wish it had been out earlier in the year as id defo buy that just for the conveience of being able to put the car seat on it xx