Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

comstipation??

Can anyone give advise on this. My lo is 21 months and is a bit constipated, she is relly squeezing hard when trying to poo and is crying as well now. She is not a great lover of fruit although i try my best with her. Has anyone any ideas on how to help her. She drinks about 8oz of water a day as well

Replies

• Options
    I probably won't be able to help you much but now that she is crying go to the Doctor now and don't wait until it gets worse. My daughter is 14 months and is suffering this really bad for months now. She is for the hospital next week to get her checked. At the start the Doc gave me Lactalose. I admit it does apparently work for some children but it did nothing for Kara. She is on Movicol sachets now and it has worked but as soon as we stopped them she has went back to square one again and we had to start them again. I have to keep her on them now until her hospital appointment.

The reason I am telling you to take her to the docs is not to scare you but more to help you before it gets worse. When Kara cries it is really sore on her and us and when she eventually goes it is so hard. You don't want to leave them too long as it could end up giving her cramps. Kara doesn't really eat fruit either but has a good enough diet and also drinks water. More now than ever. You could also try prune juice and orange juice to see if it helps.