Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is fussy eating just a short phase??

Hi, from this forum I've realised that alot of our lo's, who were previously fantastic eaters, reach toddlerhood and suddenly become fussy. I'm having this problem with angelo at the moment and it's driving me mad!

I was really wondering, from your experiences, is this fussiness usually a phase that passes quite quickly or is it more likely to be a long fustrating struggle to get my lo to eat well again? My friends lo became extremely fussy at one and is still a terrible eater a few years on, I don't want this for my lo! xx

Replies

• Options
    cant answer your problem as iam going throw this myself with my 22month old son,ive also heard that they go throw this stage,he used to eat everything but now iam lucky if he eats all his dinner or tea up,ive just had twins so i was wondering if this is adding to the situation,i will be looking at this thread with interest image

sarah
  • Options
    Hi Missy moo,

I wish I could day it was a phase but it seems to come in waves! One week he'll be amazing and eat pretty much anything, and the next he'll shake his head and wave his hands as if you're making him eat coal or something equally as horrible!

Perserverance im afraid, and remember its not you its them lol just like sometimes we dont feel like eating certain things their the same...and it does my head in! Good luck love x
  • Options
    brooke went thro this too of not eating anything new or no fruit and veg. but she all of a sudden is okay again! odd! x
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for your replies. lol, Vicky&Joshua, angelo is the same, sometimes I'll give him something and he looks like he's ready to throw up..I feel so insulted!

I'm definitely perservering though and won't give in by offering treats etc. ooh no! x
  • Options
    Hi i have the same problem with Leo he is 17 months and he starts the day off really well he has milk in the morning with toast or a banana thats when he gets up at 7am the at about 9.30 he has a full bowl of cereal then the by lunch time the fussyness starts he wont eat his lunch or tea most days, like vikki&joshua said waves his arms pushes it away as if yout trying to make him eat worms lol

I get really stressed about as my 6 yr old when she was that age she eat really well and always has done i try not to let him snack so he will eat his food but he just wont it really drives me mad.

Also i struggle to find ideas of different things to feed him so if anybody has any ideas they would be much appreciated tnx vikki xx