Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Semi Skimmed Milk?

Hi, just had a 1 year check up & Dr says Freddie can now switch to semi skimmed milk as it has all the calcium & vitamins found in full fat, but half the fat. anyone else been told this?

Replies

• Options
    I've also heard that its not advised to give semi-skimmed milk until 2 years. x
  • Options
    i didnt think you should give semi skimmed till 2 years.
  • Options
    I was always told full fat until age 5 but I guess things change quickly!
  • Options
    full fat milk at 1 year and you can give semi skimmed after 2.
  • Options
    yeah looked into that my self as i dont drink milk (allergy) and other half drinks semi skimmed.turns out im stuck buying 2 types of milk + soy for another yr as its age 2 can have semi skimmed.
  • Options
    I would have taught that was wrong to give kids semi skimmed milk. Well I am having a problem , knowing when to start giving my toddler(1yr) cow milk. Does any one knows?
  • Options
    when my eldest was 1 she went onto full fat milk from advice of hv she is 2 and a half now and i still give her full fat, one in mornin and one in evening and she is fine no-one said anything about changing to semi-skinned so i am confused now but she is fine. xx