Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

should i be cleaning his toys?

my lo has had a series of colds over the last couple of months. i was lying in bed last night worrying about it and i realised i hadn't cleaned his toys since he started getting ill, i'm guessing all the germs and bugs are still breeding all over his toys! which is why he's still feeling rough. made me feel like such a bad mum! image what is the best thing to clean plastic toys with, will something like dettox damage them? i know for soft toys you can put them in the freezer. help!

Replies

• Options
    i use dettox to clean my l/os toys and teddies go on a hot wash every now and then. have you tried ecanacia, its great i used it for my l/o and it finally got rid of a string of colds
  • Options
    ooh great tip, will try echinacea. thanks. have bought big bottle of dettox and spend my evenings cleaning his toys rigerously now! cheers
  • Options
    I use tea tree oil and hot water for my lo's toys. Though my mil swears by putting plastic toys in the dishwasher. I don't have a dishwasher or I'd try it but I thought I'd pass it on.