Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No Teeth

My little girl is 13 months and she still has no teeth, I feel as though she has been teething forever.

Just wondering if any of you have been in this situation with your little ones, I'm hoping she'll get some soon. xx
:roll:

Replies

• Options
    Hi there, my son didn't get any teeth until he was about 13 or 14 months but he'd showed the usual teething signs for months beforehand!! He then got his first two through at the same time!! It's hard when you're trying to get them to eat different things, they can't always do it without teeth!! They'll come eventually, hang in there!!
  • Options
    My son didn't get his first tooth until he was 11 months (which i was glad about cos i breastfed him for that long). Then he got 2 in at once, he is 20 months old now and has his 8 teeth at the front and 2 molars have just come in. They are all different and i wouldn't worry about it just be prepared for a few coming in at once.

xxx
  • Options
    hi dont want to worry you my daughter had her first tooth at 10 ths old and is now 19mths old and still only has 11 teeth went to the dentist 2wks ago for a check up and he said she is about a year behind with her teeth which i think is wrong as most of the children around her age have about the same amount off teeth. have you been to the dentist as sometimes the gums are too hard to cut the teeth
  • Options
    no I am going to take her when I go for my check up next week. What will happen if her gums are to hard to cut a tooth?
  • Options
    sorry not sure what they will do have been told they could cut the top of the gum (donk know if it is true though)
  • Options
    My son is 13 months and just got his first tooth. And shortly afterwards, his second one. My mum said I was 15 months when I got my first one. I don't think it's anything to worry about. In fact, the doctor told my mum that the later a baby's teeth come in, the better and stronger the teeth are. She believes this because my brother had teeth at 4 months and had loads of problems and cavities while I had no problems at all.
  • Options
    I've read a few things about it now, and its pretty common and also supposed to be very good for them, the later there teeth come in the better.
    I asked the dentist about her gums being too hard for a tooth to cut through and he laughed at me, said he had never heard of such a thing! Felt pretty stupid for asking him I think he thought I was daft and having a joke!
    Anyways, she is showing all the signs of teething just not showing any teeth.
    Was also told the later they come through the more chance of her back teeth cutting first so I hope we get the hard ones out of the way first.
    xx