Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dual baby monitor - help

To cut a long story short I am having a nightmare with monitors (have had 2x Tomy ones and a Tixylix one and all of them have broken or never worked to start with).

I now have two babies in two separate bedrooms and need to fork out for two monitors! I was wondering if dual monitors exist, ie one parent unit with two baby units? If so can anyone recommend one?

Replies

• Options
    Oh no was the Tixilix one no good? Sorry i recommended it image Mine is still going strong and have another one for baby no2.

Dual baby monitors do exist as i looked into them before deciding to just get another Tixilix... here is one on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Sounds-Lights-Dual-Monitor/dp/B001L092AC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1276449203&sr=8-1

xx
  • Options
    Hi, I'm not sure about dual monitors, it is something I have wondered about too but never seen.
    But I can throroughly recommend the BT 150 digital baby monitor. I got it for my 2nd lo as I had a tomy one first and it was totally rubbish. The BT one has a fab range, is cordless with a stand you charge it in over night, it lights up when the baby is making a noise, tells you the temp in their bedroom, has a torch on top that you can use when checking on your lo, plays nursery rhyme lullabys to your lo ... just fab lol! I got mine via Amazon for about ??45 on offer but I think normally they are around ??55.

I'll be interesting to see if anyone knows of any good dual monitors though! xx
  • Options
    Hi lovely, not your fault. Sort of like with my Lloyds TENS, which I thought was just as good as an expensive one but it seems other people don't get on with.

Also, that dual monitor is two parent receivers and only one baby (whereas we need two baby and one parent).... that's the only type I can find.

Sorry to just totally shoot you down! Love you really :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Sorry Liz, we posted at the same time. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ooh, another question whilst I think about it - anyone who has two monitors, is there ever an issue with one interfering with the other?
  • Options
    Oh yeh... what an idiot :lol: sorry! xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your input ladies. Had a good search but the only things I can find are a mega expensive 2-camera video one or a mega dodgy-looking Chinese video one, and don't really want video.

I did a comparison of the BT one with a John Lewis equivalent & for a tenner cheaper the JL one does exactly the same thing (in theory), so have gone for a pair of those and can always swap if they turn out to be no good.

Was wondering if we could get, both baby units talking to both parent units, as they're the same model - that would be great as then we could have a parent unit in the lounge and another in the bedroom, and hear both girls at once wherever we were. Anyone know?
  • Options
    I know you are not looking at it anymore, but I just found this:

http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/graco-imonitor-duo-baby-monitor-reviews

So if you still need it, or for everyone else, just have a look, seems to be quite good.
  • Options
    Defo can recommend the BT150 we have one too and it has been faultless, we've just changed the rechargeable batteries after 21mths of use and it's good as new.

Just wondering, how far apart are your babies doors from each other? The BT150 is quite sensitive so wondering if you could position it between the two rooms and then only have one monitor?
  • Options
    Ooh Breighlin if I'd seen that before I would have been tempted.

For anyone who was wondering, our two same-model John Lewis monitors don't talk to each other unfortunately, so you still have to have two parent units and then carry both about with you (not a problem for us as we have a small enough house that they never leave the docks in the lounge anyway). Can recommend it as a monitor though - very good sound quality, no interference and no faffing about making the parent and baby units talk to each other - you just plug them in and off they go.