Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Update on us (if anyone's interested)

Morning ladies,

Thought I'd take advantage of Oscar playing happily to update on us.

We're just about settled into the single life now. After a very very rocky start R and I are now amicable and as close to friends as I think we'll get which has made things a lot easier.

Oscar's adjusted to the new house now, although he's still getting used to being by a train line unfortunately. He's started the terrible two's with a vengeance but at the moment for every nightmare tantrum there's a moment of hysterical laughing or pure joy. He's discovered peg puzzles and can do ones for age 3+ so I'm very proud.

My mum had her biopsy's on Tuesday and was pretty traumatised by it unfortunately. She gets her stitches out on Wednesday and will get the results when she gets back from her holiday mid August so fingers crossed for her please.

Thank you to those of you who are Facebook friends as you've been a real help to me. The irony being those who help most are those I first 'met' when planning my wedding. *Sigh*

Anyway hopefully I'll be on a little more now we're getting settled. Look forward to catching up with you all soon xx

Replies

• Options
    Hugs hun. Sounds like you're doing a great job and managing the changes well.
    Fingers crossed for good news for your mum.
    xx
  • Options
    glad things are getting easier hun...you know i love you and always here for you...big "cuggies" and "isses" from the squishy one x
  • Options
    Sounds like you are both doing fab. I will also keep my fingers crossed for your mum. Hope Oscar gets used to the trains soon. xx
  • Options
    Hello image I am glad things are going well, hope your mum feels better soon fingers crossed xx
  • Options
    Your amazing huni I'm so glad your adjusting to your new life. Fingers and toes crossed for your Mummy xxx
  • Options
    Hey Jemma

Not sure if you've made the connection between me on here and YAYW - I was clairabelle there.. If you remember, we had lots of discussions about Rowton Castle and Shrewsbury suppliers?!?!

Well, it seems that we are still living tandem lives! My husband and I split up 7 weeks ago and I'm living by myself now with Daisy Doo...

Are you back in Shrewsbury?

Would be great to chat more, especially as we are pretty close in location too!

C xx
  • Options
    Wow. I hadn't made that connection MrsButtons, I'm glad you pointed it out.

Sorry to hear about your split. I hope it works out to be the best thing for you and your little girl. If you're on Facebook I'll email you my name so we can chat more. What a small world.

Thanks for your lovely words everyone xx
  • Options
    I am on FB - tried emailing you, but as usual, this site has flumoxed me!!! If you email me instead, that'll be cool! x
  • Options
    A bit late in the day here, but wanted to say how glad I am that you and R have reached a place where you are amicable and that you and O are settling so well. I'm really impressed by his peg puzzle skills!

Fingers crossed for you mum. I hope she can relax on holiday in the meantime.

Take care of yourself, hun. After these last few months, you deserve a little self-indulgence.