Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

memory = astounding!!

How is your lo's memory??
Shea (3 next Tuesday) is really starting to freak me out with his memory!! not that its bad, the fact that he's got a fantastic memory and it astounds me what he can remember!!
I'm not sure if this is normal with lo's as they don't have much to think about in life so they remember little things or whether he does have a very good memory??

its things like he remembers everyone that cames to a party we had at the beginning of July, His uncle came over from America in July too and his friend, Mike, from London also came to visit and he said yesterday is uncle tony coming back soon and is his friend Mike in london??
he was also playing with his hot wheels set the other day and said "my uncle Darren made this for me" Yes his uncle Darren constructed it at nana's last christmas day!!! How the hell does he remember that??!

he's also really good at remembering nursery rhymes, he can recite twinkle twinkle, humpty dumpty, grand ole duke, incy wincy, baa baa black sheep, mary had a little lamb and I sang oranges and lemons too him once and he sang it back to me!!

What does your lo astound you with??

Replies

• Options
    toby astounds me somtimes with his memory to he pointed to a photo the other day taken on a day out in york and said me go on train ride. which i only remembered when he pointed it out.he aslo points out cars like his auties ours or grandads

[Modified by: hollypolly on September 24, 2010 04:53 PM]

• Options
    Oscar's too young to be discussing memories, he's 23 months tomorrow and just starting to get more comfortable with sentences but he has just managed to astound me with his wooden blocks. He normally makes little towers of 3 or 4 single blocks on top of each other but he's just built a massive tower with 4 blocks on the bottom, 3 on the next row, 2 on the next and 5 single ones piled on top. All put together fairly neatly so it didn't collapse. We haven't had the blocks out for about a month so no idea where he'd have got the idea for such a tower but I'm having a proud mummy moment now!

I'm amazed at Shea's memory, what a clever little chap you have x
  • Options
    What a clever boy!

Lily sings lots of nursery rhymes as well its soo cute! We went to test drive a car a few weeks ago and then we picked it up a few days later, I went to pick her up after work and the car was parked just down the road from my sisters and when Lily saw the car she said thats your new car mummy! i was quite impressed she recognised it! x
  • Options
    Awww they are all growing up too fast. That is a good memory for a 3yr old though...well done Shea.

Amelia has been able to point out cars like mine or her dads for a while. She shouts Mummys car ages before I spot one the same...lol
    Also if reading a familiar story and I try to skip a few pages she stops me and turns back the pages telling me I missed some

d xx
  • Options
    My dd made me laugh on Tuesday. She had spotted the crisps that where in the car door on the way to nursery and i said im sorry you cant have them as you cant take them into nursery, she was begging, please mummy more crisps but i couldn't let her. When we got out of the car she ran around to my side and tried to get them but i said no again. 6 hours later i pick her up and we get home pull up and straight away she runs around the car to my door and asks for them again !! She hadn't spotted them this time as i had hid them so she had remembered.. i know its only 6 hours but i swear she must have been thinking about those bloody crisps the whole day :lol: xx
  • Options
    JJ's memory usually revolves around a time he's hurt himself :roll: lol he'll regularly tell the TV stand it is naughty because he banged his head (aged 14 months) lol! he's quite good at nursery rhymes...he lay in bed with me tonight doing twinkle twinkle and he does row row row the boat, round and round the garden...he also annoyingly sings go compare :roll: lmao!

MrsNN the other day on the way out to nursery he saw an empty box of cereal by the door to go to the bin and he was going on and on about "breakist" all the way and i said he could have some when he got home and he did exactly the same as G and asked for it after nursery :lol: x
  • Options
    im sure their memories are better than ours....dd1 (5yrs) always brings up things that happened yrs ago and its not until she says it that it clicks in my mind...its funny what triggers it of and i often wonder what made her think of it- the other day she said du remember when me and u went out when daddy was asleep in the caravan on holiday and we bought him a smartie birthday cake! she was 2 at the time and amazed how she knew this and even the type of cake we bought! shes always saying little comments like this out of the blue. dd2(24mths) like JJ remembers things like hurting herself- she touched my straighteners when she was about a yr old and burnt her fingers, and today she came to the hairdressers with me, when i was having my hair straightened she said- ow mummy, straighteners hot, burn and was holding her finger up. xxx
  • Options
    We always comment on Kara'a memory. She was 3 last week and her memory amazes me. She remembers things from last year and brings them up. She knows the way home when we are nearly hear and there is a lot of turns. If you are drriving in certain areas she knows where you are going etc. She does amaze us. Their memories are better than ours lol. Kara has brilliant hearing as well but that all comes from my mums side. Her hearing scares us lol, If I whispered something to my husband in the front of the car she can answer me and that is over the radio lol.
  • Options
    it looks like we have some clever little ones out there!!
    we'll have to cherish these moments as when they're teenagers they probably won't even talk to us, just grunt, let alone share memories!!
    xx