Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Toy Ideas for a Boy

My little boy is nearly 15 months, anyone suggest some toy ideas which dont cost the earth. He likes cars. Feel that the toys he does have are now for younger babies and he is board with them. Does get variety as he goes to a childminder two days and a toy library group/mothers group as well.

Replies

• Options
    Kade had his 1st birthday in Sept and one of his most fave presents was a tractor & trailer from Woolworths. It has farm animals that sit in the trailer that make the relevent noises and the tractor makes noises and sings etc. I think it was about ??14.99 but was worth it as he loves it!
    Another favourite is his shape sorter bus from ELC. The age is up to 18months and has been well worth the money! If he is anything like kade he'll love anything with wheels Lol!

PS. If you are not already a member, join the ELC birthday club. I just got a voucher through today for 20% off which all helps on the run up to crimbo ;\)

• Options
    My little boy is 17 mnths and he loves his Thomas the Tank that blows bubbles, his aquadraw, his trolley full of bricks and his tent/tunnel combo. All of these cost under ??20. He also loves the simple things such as crayons and paper and his football. At this age you don't have to spend the earth.
  • Options
    one of sonnys (17 months) fav recent toys is a buggy, he likes to fill it with bricks, cars etc, anything but the actual dolly & whizz it around the house collecting things as he goes. Often time I find my mobile or shoes in there too. He also has those elc cars that have magnets & connect together, he loves them too. Buggy was 8 quid from elc & so were the car for a set of 3.
  • Options
    Shea is 13months and he loves his mega blocks, his favourite game is to watch dad build a really big tower then he comes and crashes it down to hysterics! He also loves his thomas the tank engines, some make noises, others scoot across the floor, He also loves his shape sorters and has mastered the round shapes and sqaures but still struggles with triangles and diamonds.
    He alos loves to draw with his crayons and read his books.Oh and pull the cats hair and try and explore the bins!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    lennon is nearly 17 months and he also loves cars,recently my sister brought him lunar jim toys that were my nephews he loves them so much,i ive been on ebay and found some more of the toys inc a mission control tower at half price brand new

have also got him the aqua draw minis,he loves pens and crayons but my floors do not lol no mess as its just water,you do get them in big ones also

getting him a car garage also from elc,just recieved a 20% off voucher from them

oh and i have just seen the interactive elmo which i will get someone alse to buy him,it look fantastic and just right up lennons street lol
  • Options
    Coloured chalk and black paper! Spence loves stabbing the paper with the chalk and making lots of spots and lines. I tell myself that he's drawing fireworks LOL.
    He's got a musical Winnie the Pooh book which is on CONSTANTLY, arghhh!

Liz x
  • Options
    Benjamin is 14mths and would rather play with mummies ornaments and wires not his toys!he does have a little football he enjoys throwing about!!!Louise-just wanted to say,Benji has that tractor and there is no off button that i can see and the other night it went off on its own at 4am i could hear it from upstairs...old MacDonald Had a Farm ect....very spooky!all i could think was it was very windy that night and maybe somehow vibrations set it off!!im on my own so its even more spooky!Get toys with off buttons is my recomendation lol