Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Leaking night nappies...help needed please! UPDATE

I'm at a loss what to do!

My ds is 13months old and I usually use reusable nappies with no problems. About a month ago they started leaking (soaked through with wee vest/pj's/grobag etc) so I switched to Pampers baby dry which were fine for a week or so then started leaking the same. To cut a long story short I have tried all sorts...up a size, several brands (huggies/tesco's) and the last few nights have tried nighttime pull ups which haven't soaked him through more just a damp vest around the legs.

Has anybody else had the same problem or is my son just a super heavy wetter?!!! He normally sleeps a good 12 hrs overnight but has been waking at 5-6ish wet and cold which is frustrating both of us!

Also if you use reusables what do you use at nighttime...I was having to pad my stretch totsbots so much that ds couldn't walk in them image .

Kx

[Modified by: katstar on 30 August 2010 21:06:01 ]

Replies

• Options
    hi hun, my dd (23mths) drinks so much through the day, and it shows in her nighttime nappy!! we use huggies superdry(12hrs protection...yeh right) what i have to do now is change her nappy when i go to bed- she has a fresh nappy before bed at 7.30pm then i normally go to bed about midnight and i end up getting her out her cot and changing her nappy which is already very heavily wet then put her back to bed. shes so used to it now she doesnt even wake up- she then sleeps until about 9am the next morning. xxx
  • Options
    I was going to suggest the same as butterfly- try putting a fresh nappy on LO when you go to bed, then it should last til that bit longer in the morning.

The only nappies that work for Evie at night are pampers babydry-if she has a lot of wees though they do sometimes leak but very rarely.
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies ladies. I am going to follow your advice tonight and see how it goes. Last night I checked him before going to bed at 10.30 and I was able to unzip his gro bag and pull pj bottoms down without waking him so I think I should be able to change his nappy easily enough!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again x
  • Options
    Im glad im not the only one with this problem! My LO is 19m and for the past few wks has started leaking in her huggies superdry. Im going back to Pampers as i tried them for a couple nights and she was ok. Huggies arent too bad if i put her in a vest to keep it up (i think they get baggy around the legs which is why she leaks but smaller size is too small now) and im having to do this atm as i have a whole pack to use up! I really dont want to start changing her nappy at night cos i know she'll be disturbed so hopefully pampers will continue to work for me. Looks like this is your only option tho. Hope it works!
  • Options
    the only nappy that keeps JJ dry at night is huggies super dry and even with them we have to change him before we go to bed x
  • Options
    Go back to using reuseable nappies just get a different night nappy. There are lots of different ones and the best place for advice is 'clothnappytree'. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    For the last 3 nights I have been changing ds nappy at 10.30ish and we have had NO LEAKS!!!

Thanks so much for your advice ladies. Ds does wake when I change him but as I do it still in the cot he just rolls over and goes straight back to sleep when i've finished.

I'm going to give it a few nights and then try the same trick with a reuseable.

Thanks again x