Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feel like a bad mum award

:cry: Its Kadyns 2nd birthday today and i feel that i've spoilt it for him which makes me really sad.....I had such great plans was goingto make a cake and make it into a fire engine got all the stuff to do it......then today LOADS of family have come up to see us and we were goingto a local place called the dinosaur park....now its all cancelled because of ME.

I am in tears writing this cause i feel so bad for my lo. I got tonsillitis on wednesday and felt so rubbish that my dh took the day off work to help look after the 3 kids. (which he got 'told off' for) I went tothe docs on thurs and she gave me some antibiotics and made the dose quite high as she said it was a nasty case....also a mouthwash. Well in my stupidity i thought i would be better for now.....but NO ive had an allergic reaction to the tablets and have been sick with a dodgy tummy the shakes my mouth swelled up and i felt TERRIBLE. to add to that my 10 weeks old picked up on this and screamed for ages....who was the only one that she wanted to calm her?.... me!!
To cut a long story short got to go and see the emergancy doc this morning.....i feel so faint and achy...just about managed to sing happy birthday to him.:cry:

Think Kady will be like the queen this year and will have to have 2 birthdays so we can celebrate when i'm better!

btw. well done Juilette on the cake it looked fab! (was going to post happy bday yesterday but after a little bit felt too crap to type anymore!
Hayley hope that Isaac has a great day today!!!
Sorry for the moaning.....has helped a bit thoimage:cry:

[Modified by: kyan2012 on 19 April 2009 16:14:38 ]

Replies

• Options
    awww sweetie poor you, its not your fault you got ill and if Kadyn is anythiing like Isaac he doesnt really know his birthday is today, have another day when you feel better and it will be just as special.
    I feel like my sodding mil has ruined our day again, every time she has to do something to ruin our day and this year shes decided to send her daughter in with Isaacs present because she hurt her ankle!!! WTF, would it have made it so much worse to get out the car and sit on the sofa just to come and see him. Grrrrrrr
  • Options
    Right! im gonna be stern with ya now! (By the way before anyone reads this and thinks "what a cow" I am, I know Kyan2012 in real life!!)
    You are by no means a bad mother in any way possible and you are NOT allowed the bad mother award! I wont let u have it! and you are not allowed it because you are a fantastic mother who absolutely loves the socks of your little man Kadyn and would never do anything to hurt him!
    I really do hope you feel better soon and remember text me if you need or want to have a rant! Hope you didnt mind me butting in, i just had to say please dont feel like that its really not your fault image
    Big Big happy vibes (and fighting icky illness) vibes from me are being sent your way image
    x Heidi x
  • Options
    OMG ythis is not your fault AT ALL!! I am not letting you have the award either!!
    Concentrate on getting yourself well, Kadyn won't have minded and all he needs to know is you love him lots, which i know you do! Why not jut have a nice day out when you are all feeling well
    Sending hugs x
  • Options
    PS Sorry meant to say belated birthday wishes to Kadyn
  • Options
    Thanks ladies....I was feeling really sorry for myself when i posted this as i really felt like I had spoilt everything. Kadyn still had a good day and played with his new toys for ages!!
    I rested yesterday and have done today and feel a bit better now. (As long as i don't move about too much!!)
    ok i will change the title to 'feel like a bad mum award'!!!