Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Wow , what a run up

to Christams we have had
First of all my daughter had a cold end of Nov begining of Dec which turned into Croupe. This gave her alot of pain and we spend hour upon hour in a steaming bathroom to help ease her chest and sleeping down stairs with her as it is cooler to help with her raised temp and I could keep her up right more to help ease her coughing. This lasted just over a week then she started vomiting after her feeds. I just put it down to her cold draining into her tummy and thought no more of it. She steadly got worse over a weekend and on the evening of Sunday 7th she had a temp of over 39 and was as floppy as a rag doll. We phoned susdoc who saw us straight away and diagnsed her with gastrointerightus(sp?). We had just over a week of vomiting and diarrea(sp?) and high temps. We then went on holiday. She wasn't great when away but 100% better then the previous two weeks, still suffering with the odd tummy cramp and horrible nappy. She has also lost so much weight she is now fitting back into her 9-12 months clothing (she is 14months, in 12-18 clothing). From holiday we went striaght to my mums for Christams and she became ill again, This time her bowels have gone the other way. She is now constipated and we spent all of tuesday night in a&e as she was in so much pain. Because of all of the above her routine is all out of sink and she now wants to sleep in with us and is waking any where between 1 and 4 times a night. I am not going to try too hard and get her routine back untill we are back home just before new year. Also while we were on holidy we had our Christmas day as OH had to work back where we live. So rather then spending Christmas day home alone we decided to come back and have it with my mum. OH is upset he missed out on the real Christams day, but next year Freya will be older and understand better and baby number 2 will be here. But boy what a run up to Christmas. I'm so glad that Christmas day was a good day. She was spilt rotten, LoL.

Hope you all had good Christmases

Kerry, Freya and Bump
X X X

Replies

• Options
    I hear you Kerry, Sonny had a febrile convulsion 2 weeks ago on Monday night & since then has been off kilter. Bad tummy, intermittent temperature, swollen gland on the side of his neck, really clingy & moany. On Christmas eve he vomited all his dinner & milk up over himself in bed & Christmas day was pale, shaky & gripey. He fed himself some Christmas dinner but wouldn't eat anything else except his milk all day, the next morning I went to get him after he had been asleep for nearly 14hrs straight & his whole room stunk of pooh, he had had diarrhea sometime in the previous hour or two but had slept through it & it had seeped through 2 layers of clothes & was nearly up to his neck. Nice!!!!

He did seem perkier yesterday but is still not 100% & this morning has done another huge runny stinky poo but thankfully was awake this time so I managed to catch it before it seeped out too much.

Oh the joys of motherhood hey?

I hope Freya starts to feel better soon.
  • Options
    Beebee. I hope you little one is better soon.

I think Christams day was the only day all three of us were not ill. Even tho oh was at work. I am now just about getting over a bad belt of flu, made worse by being 23 weeks pg and not being able to take much to help syptems, Now I think Freya is comming down with it. She is grotty and snotty. I so hope she does't get it, it isn't fair she has spent the best part of dec poorly. Oh went shopping today and he couldn't get any Calpol in Tesco or the nearest chemist. He had to travel for Calpol. Just shows how much is going round.

Well I am now going to crawl back into my bed, hopefully for a full nights sleep.

Hope all littleones gets better soon.

Have a good new year

Kerry, Freya and Bump
    X X X