Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bedtime milk

My lo is 18 months old and still has a bottle of milk before he goes to bed. I think its more for comfort and habit rather than because he needs it.
When did you stop giving milk at bedtime?
Sara. x

Replies

• Options
    my 2 1/2 year old still has a beaker of milk at bed time.
  • Options
    hi sara

my wee boy is 18months nxt week and he still takes 2 bottles milk before bed and 2 first thing in morning then water or juice for rest of day.

i wouldnt worry as there supposed to have certain amount of milk intake very day

tracey x
  • Options
    hi,

my boys still take milk to bed and they are 3 and 4 but in beaker not a bottle. its been part of their routine forever so never thought about changing it! i stopped both mine having a bottle at a year and put in sippy cup to take to bed and progressed from there. i have no plans on stopping the milk at bedtime.

i take a cup of water to bed with me if they decide they would prefer water then thats up to them.

hope thats helped?

Amanda xx
  • Options
    My son (22 months) still has some milk before he goes to bed (not from a bottle though - from a beaker)...nothing wrong with it in my opinion - its just some nice milk before he goes to bed! He has always had it with story time and I feel no need to stop that!
  • Options
    my little girl has a bottle of milk to take to bed, i don't plan on stoppin her havin milk for bed. but i want to change a bottle for a beaker any1 had any problems gettin there lo to change??
  • Options
    hi.
    my eldest 2 are 2 (almost 3) and 4 1/2 and they still have a drink of warmed milk at bed time and a drink of warm milk in the morning. i think i still warm it and give it to them out of habit but to be honest i dont see the point in stopping giving it to them whilst they are happy to drink it milk is good for them.
    Toni x