Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HHEELLPP!! MEESSSS!!

Im soo peed off i rot out my hole topic and then my internet booted me image

I have a 14month old lil boy (who thinks hes about 5) and am due in october, i intend to finish decorating before DD comes, have half stripped the wallpaper off my bedroom walls ( been half done for 2 months now) i intend to refresh the paint in my living room and hall, but my house is a tip as it is, i tidy up everytime my LO goes to sleep (nap in the afternoon and sleep at night) but no matter how clean i get it he just messes it up again, i have washing coming out of my ears beacuse i never had a washing machine for 2months, i also have clean washing everywhere (my LO's) i have even sorted out all the clothes so that all the 2small stuff got chucked out, he has 2 wardrobes and a 5 drawer set full to the brim with clothes, as i said i tidy as much as i can but by the time he goes for a nap or to bed i am nakered running around all day, i have also tried puting david in the play pen or high chair with toys and food but evry time i leave the room he just cys, i have no one that can help me, i hope some one can help, cause im running myself ragged image

xxlisa, david & bumoxx

Replies

• Options
    hiya im afraid its all part of being a mummy! i clean up when my lo goes to bed,in the morning prim helpes my clean up and put things away,she thinks its fun! she goes to bed at 6.30pm so thats my time to relax,anyother time is her time!.xx
  • Options
    its so hard isnt it. i can imagine how it is being pregnant. i feel like i go round in circles. whatever i put away she pulls back on again. at the moment i am taking a rest from the mountain of ironing i have. i have i basket of toys in the livingroom and i change them round now and again so she doesnt get bored that way there isnt too much to pull out at a time. i also get her to help with the putting away. for instance of she wants to draw we tidy the toys into the basket first. she finds it part of the game. im sending you a hug coz you sound like you need it.xx
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same, my son is nearly 22 months and i'm due next month and i feel like i am constantly on the go. I'm sure he thinks its a game to follow me round messing everythign up i do! I wouldnt worry about it though people wil understand that you've got a little one to run round after and your tired from being pregnant, your hous edoesnt have to be sparkling all the time. Although if your anything like mwe it will just annoy you that its not all done! Just sit back relax for 5 mins and then start again xx
  • Options
    glad it's not just me, my house permenantly messy, i felt proud of myself coz when oh camre down for breakfast, me and lo were dressed and i had giiven lo breakfast and tidied the kitchen - all in an hour! he even commented on the kitchen! but the rest of the house is a mess, there are dust bunnies all along the stairs and the corridor upstairs and when i get round to sweeping them i don't know!
  • Options
    I feel like every time some one comes in my house they look at it in disgust, when my mum comes in she always coments on how messy it is she says its a pig sty, i dont think its that bad jus bairns toys and needs hooverd n tidyed up a bit image
  • Options
    yea she takes him 4 a couple of hours every so often but never long enough to have a rest and then do all the cleaning i want, she works full time but her work always comes before anything else so its her loss realy
  • Options
    its not fair that she should make you feel bad about your home. as you say its toys and stuff what are you meant to do not let him play. it really is hard to keep on top of it. especially when your 18,onths old lift your clean washing (trying to help) with nice sticky fingers.lol
  • Options
    Yeah david does that and rolls around on it like a dog and thinks its funny to put it in his mouth along with half a roll and a bit chocolate haha! we do have to laugh at them though even though its a total pain
  • Options
    its a stressful life but they are entertaining. i wouldnt change her for the world ive never laughed so much as i have in the last few months. honestly i know it hard but you shouldnt let the house get you down. it just causes more stress. its easy for me to say that to you im probably the one who stresses most about it but recently i have been trying not to. and have also told my partner that he will need to help more coz we are ttc no2. we see if that works.lol