Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How old when they started to crawl???

Hiya, just wandering how old all you`re little ones were when they started to crawl????
My little man is 7 1/2 mths and is soooooo close, i just want to help him with the last little movement to get him going. He has started to get really frustrated now so hope it happens soon.
Any idea of any toys to help him crawl??? I`ve heard the blow up tubes are quite good???

Replies

• Options
    My lo crawled at 7months. She wasnt that keen on blow up tubes so we just encouraged her to move forward by putting something interesting in front of her out of reach. We praised her loads when she started doing it be we also had a laid back attitude so to not push her too much.
    Good luck. Its lovely when they finally do it but before you now it they're running away from you!!!!!!!!!!! x
  • Options
    Hi,

my chap started at 6 months - he's always been a wriggler - but when he was struggling I used to put my hand under his belly and hold his weight a little like when you teach them to swim, that way he could try and work out where all his limbs were.

We have two dogs and they were his biggest incentive as he wanted to follow them everywhere, so the "something interesting in front" theory, that Fiona 86 mentions above is a great one I think.
  • Options
    my lo was 7 months crawling properly but 6 1/2 months commando crawling. I didn't really do anything to help him as was finalising the packing of my house as moved when he was 7 months and didn't really want him moving too much!!however I also didn't go running to him each time he cried for something or when he wanted my company so he learn't to get it himself to to be near me he had to learn to crawl.

He's now 11 months and trying to walk/ cruising using anything he can and often my trouser legs!! and following/ pushing me to wear he wants to go!!

We bought a musical rolling mirror from ealy learning centre which he still chases after. A friend of mine had that inflatable thing and said it didn't help so I looked for something different and all babies love mirrors
  • Options
    My lo rolled until just over 6 months, then started to crawl, but was cruising at 7 months and walked at about 9 months, so didn't crawl for long!
  • Options
    hi

my little boy is just 9 months and not crawling yet! he pushes himself around backwards and is pulling himself up now on things so i think he might go straight to walking! jo xx
  • Options
    Just thought I`d let everyone know, Alfie started to crawl properly yesterday, so he finally got there!!!!
    I`d left him in the lounge playing with his toys, popped into the kitchen for a drink and found him around my feet!
  • Options
    Thats Fantastic, although now youll wish it hasnt happened, my daughter was so quick to do everything compared with the others id meet a baby group, sometimes its nice still to have the baby around, mines now 19 months and has been walking since 8 months, crawling at 5. now terrorising the house.
    Nikki
  • Options
    Thats Fantastic, although now youll wish it hasnt happened, my daughter was so quick to do everything compared with the others id meet a baby group, sometimes its nice still to have the baby around, mines now 19 months and has been walking since 8 months, crawling at 5. now terrorising the house.
    Nikki