Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

toddlers tantrums

i have a son who is 2, when he doesnt get what he wants, he starts screaming and kicking. i dont know what to do . advice needed plz!

[Modified by: sameena23 on 06 January 2008 15:48:52 ]

Replies

• Options
    My one piece of guru advice!
    The best advice you will EVER get on toddlers...period!

http://www.mothering.com/articles/growing_child/toddlers/tantrums.html
  • Options
    hi
    i gave my lo time outs, i sat her on my lap and held her tight til she calmed down sometimes it took a while but eventually if she was about to have a tantrum i would say right time out and she would instantly shut up lol.
    xx
  • Options
    thanks 4 the advice hun xx
  • Options
    i use the distraction method & it works (for now). i look out the window or something & say WOW look at that!, did you see the plane/ bird /dog etc. he usually wants to look too & this stops him screaming!. xx
  • Options
    I've got a three year old and her tantrums started to appear when she was about 2, basically my method was pretty simple, she got ignored, completely, I wouldn't pay her any attention when she threw herself on the floor and screamed, if it got a bit much to listen to I'd just walk off into the kitchen, she soon got the idea that mummy completely ignored her if she threw a strop, she still throws them now sometimes but they don't last longer than about 2 mins and there's no shouting just a lot of huffing and sulking image I always try and get her to say sorry after she's had a tantrum too then if she does she gets lots of kisses and cuddles and its forgotten...until next time lol image Hope that helps

xx