Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My LO is good at many things, but he/she's best at...

Sometimes it does us downtrodden mummies good to have a little boast about our toddler's abilities.
It's not a competition or an "I've got the best toddler" thread, it's just an opportunity to sing the praises of your LO.
I'll go first...

Spence, 18 months, is really good with a ball. He can throw a ball in the direction he wants and kick a ball with some accuracy. He's even caught a football a couple of times which I was so impressed with. Ok, it's not going to prepare for a life as a rocket scientist but I'm a proud mummy! image

Liz x

Replies

• Options
    Well done Spence

Freya is 15 months and is very good a knowing the parts of her face. Nose, eyes, head and mouth. She knows what a light is and is more then willing to 'help' tiding up before bed. LoL. She has made up her own little language and loves to Dance. She can be a little wimpish when trying to walk or if she has a wobble she will cry hard, LoL. But I am ever so proud of what she has achieved so far in her short little life on this planet.

Kerry, Freya and Pink Bump
    X X X
  • Options
    Sonny is 20 months & is really really good at driving things. He has a small ride on toy & even his childminder comments on his manoeuvrings abilities. (she has the same one) & is totally fearless, he often goes from one end of the room to the other with a big push & when he gets to the end turns it on it's side & slides the last half a foot!!! We also got him a automatic trike & after the first couple of days of trying to ride it like his other non motorised toy & not using the power button he now puts his legs up on the steering dash & whizzes off like a demon.

I think my boy is built for speed image
  • Options
    Poppy is 16 months and is great at talking and imitating animal noises! She can do so many now - including some obscure ones like fish (she says bob with her mouth funny!) and frog!!!
    They're so great at this age-I wish I could pause her growth for a little while so I can enjoy this fab stage for longer!!
    xx
  • Options
    Isaac is great at pointing to parts of his body and naming them, his speech is really coming on and he seems to say something new everyday, when I put him to be last night, he said night night mummy, I nearly cried he sounded soooo sweet. The thing he is best at is eating, he eats anything and everything he was eating raw pepper sticks earlier and asking for more.
  • Options
    hiya. Chloe is really good at talking, i think she is anyway heehee. shes 16mnths and she can say alot of words. also wen i ask her to put something in the bin she goes and opens the cupboard puts it in the bin and closes the cupboard....

i think we all could go on and on about what our lo's do to make us so very proud!

im sure you will all agree being a mum is the best job in the whole world image
  • Options
    oh god, lol forgot the food thing too hayley, Sonny too eats just about everything & tried to eat gravel the otherday but he will eat everything given, which is a blessing really isn't it?
  • Options
    Benjamin is really good at making me laugh and feel all gooey in side lol!!
    He is such a cheeky one and will try to make me laugh.
    He enjoys tidying up with his own little brush and if i ask him to get an item and point to it he will go and collect it for me...inculding the mail haha
  • Options
    Ellie is great at talking and doing silly things to make me smile. Yesterday she took my lip stick out of my bag and proceeded to eat it and put it all round her mouth. Very cute! x
  • Options
    Neve is really good at walking. (she's just turned one) She is really steady on her feet and can do a half run along the kitchen floor.

She's also good at doing the movements to incy wincy spider and grins all the way through - its so cute I could cry when she does it sometimes.
  • Options
    Hi
    Lovely idea its such a nice age for doing new things.
    Well Eve eats really well and is very good at getting her snack bowl as she calls it and asks for graps and balls which is grapes and blueberries.

She is also very good at dancing and really gets into the groove with arms a swinging and everything.
    She makes me laugh everyday with her new words and now she grabs the phone off me and chats away to daddy and her nanny.If I ask for the phone back she just says no and walks of with it.
    She is so cheeky.
    Oh one more thing she is very helpful because she posts the nappy bags out the cat flap.!!
  • Options
    Oooh, this is nice! I like to hear what everyone's LOs are up to.
    Can't really say Matthew is good at anything brainy, but he
    a) eats anything and lots of it!! and b) is good with a spoon (just doesn't want to waste food i think really!!)
    I guess i'm being mean - he has got very good understanding, just not talking.
    He's also a terrible flirt with ladies he meets in town image
  • Options
    Hiya all, aren't our toddlers so clever, and PIXIE_WOO your son will be a rocket scientist, Lewis is going to be a doctor lol i have high hopes, someone has to look after me when am old and wrinkly lol

Lewis is really good at everything lol he is 20 month and he is toilet trained really good at it too, still some accidents but thats to be expected. he is good at speaking and he is good at telling me what he wants. he is NOT a good eater, prefers to eat junk or feed everything to the dog and cat, or he has started throwing things in the bin. And he is very cheeky, he sticks his tongue out at peole and tells them that they are bad. Oh and he is beautiful xx
  • Options
    Kade is 16months and is fab at finding things :lol:

In the morning I will say 'where's mummy's slippers/brush/dressing gown?' and he will go find them and bring them to me! Also when he's finished playing with his toys I'll ask him to put them away and he does! So cute!!!
  • Options
    Millie is a little bit older than the others (28 months), she is really good at understanding and following instructions, you can send her upstairs to look in cupboards for things and as long as she can reach she brings it back for you looking very pleased with herself. She is also very good at saying "No, me big girl" every time you try and help her with anything :lol: And she is fantastic at swimming, she's been going since 6 weeks and has no fear of the water at all. This morning she swam by herself holding on to a float for the first time image
    xx
  • Options
    Lovely topic idea image
    Rhianna is very affectionate, always giving kisses and loves. The only downside is when she wants to kiss strangers, like the mad old woman we saw in Asda the other day...mmmm, I think not.....
    She's also great with talking and animal impressions (including fish - same as Poppy!)
    She's just great basically, and we all love her big lots! xx
  • Options
    So lovely reading about everyones lo's it makes all the tantrums worthwhile. lol about being a flirt juliette, Isaac is a real flirt too, I saw a little lad in town with a t-shirt on that said 'granny magnet' in the summer, I could do with one of those for Isaac.
  • Options
    Ahh what a lovely post this is! We've got a bunch of braniacs havnt we!

Evie is 13month and is brilliant at walking and running. She seems to have a very good understanding and can follow instructions well... like putting her "wee wee's" (nappy sack) in the bin!
    Sh'es very affectionate and blows kisses making the "mwa" sound. bless her X
  • Options
    Kara is 16 months and is great at understanding everything you are saying. She knows every part of her body. She loves showing you her shoes. We were brushing her teeth this morning and she took the brush off me and put it under the water and started brushing them herself. It was really funny. She also chats away and is a wee chatterbox. Linzi Kara loves to put her nappy sack in the bin as well. She just lifts it and walks me to the bin and wont leave it down until beside the bin. She has to put it right in. She also blows kisses to everything around her.

Lol she does so much it makes me proud.