Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any Wriggly, Whingy Change Time Tips?

Hi
Matthew is 15 months and really wriggles and gets whingy or cross at change time. At the moment I just try and distract him or ,if needs be, pin him down and get on with it, as he's fine afterwards. Just wondered if anyone has got any tips or went through similar?
He's in reusables so it take a little longer to change as i need to get the nappy on just right or suffer leaks later! However, if he stays still it doesn't take that much longer than a disp nappy.
Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Juliette :\)
PS He apparently doesn't do this AT ALL for the babysitter - is it just me?!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Lily has a fun game she plays at nappy time where she lifts her bum right up off the ground! Afraid I don't have any tips, I just pin her down and do it as quick as I can! Sometimes she'll be better if I put something next to her that she 'shouldn't' have cos then she grabs it and stays still. If I pass her something to hold she's not interested so have to pretend it's something she shouldn't have.

Hope you and Matthew are doing well apart from the frustrating nappy changes!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Lea77

Thanks for your reply. That's a lovely pic of Lily! I'll try your tip - prob have to use the phone, my mobile or something!!

We're good apart from that - Matthew sleeps brilliantly, eats really well and is now walking a lot. I still get a bit anxious and worried at times (a bit in my nature) but mostly I can enjoy him. One thing tho is that he has bitten me twice when he has been cross cos i've stopped him doing something he shouldn't!! Has Lily had any tantrums yet?

Hope you're both ok x
  • Options
    hi just wanted to say that i had the same prob with my daughter a few mths ago and i changed most of her nappys to pullups but she pees for wales so has to have a nappy on for bedtime and nap time or she will soak the bed lol
  • Options
    Have you tried giving him something to hold? My ds2 liked holding the wipes! I used a different pack so he could 'play' with those. Like Lea says, holding something they shouldn't have works a treat!
  • Options
    ywe have this problem too. i also find pull-ups easier. although we also need a nappy at night coz the pull-ups dont hold enough. the main prob i have with chloe is her trying to pull the nappy from under her not good when its a number 2.lol
  • Options
    Yes, I've had this problem since Chester was 7 months old, sometimes I pin him down n hold his legs firm but worried I'll hurt thim, usually we start a singing game and this distracts him or I give him my mobile/home phone, if he knows he's not allowed it he will play with it..xx
  • Options
    Same problem here with Sam. He too is a real wriggler. We also use reusable nappies so can be an absolute nightmare at times. Sam will lie still if I can manage to distract him with a toy or book etc, the other way that sometimes works is to change him on the floor with his head between your knees so he can't roll over! sounds odd but does work sometimes. Good look & roll on potty trained kids lol xxx