Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

You know you've turned into your Mum when.....

I am sooo excited that my new washing machine is coming tomorrow.... and it has a 7kg load capacity! God I've turned into my Mum. :roll:

Replies

• Options
    haha, enjoy it ,two of the best days for me were my 'washer/dryer' and 'dishwasher' delivery days, i had waited years to afford such luxuries, anything to mak my life just that little bit easier has got to be worth a smile, thank heavens for technology =)
  • Options
    lol xx xx
  • Options
    I turned into my mum when I started telling my kids things she used to say to me and I swore I wouldnt do it to my own kids lol!!

Oh and I can join the whole excitment thing with the washing machine.....I had one deleivered just before xmas........it was sooo very up-to-date that I couldnt find the powder drawer.......hello its inside the door not on the outside lol lol !!!!!!!!!!!! duh!!!!!

LOL LOL!!!
  • Options
    lol i know the feeling...i was dead excited with my 7kg washer too.

think i'm turning into my dad too cause i'm also dead excited about doing our yard up nicely...flagging today, grass soon! yay!
  • Options
    Heehee!!
    I'm actually quite enjoying cooking casseroles, does that count?!!
    I know i'm grown up now cos i think "the snow was nice, but i want it to go now cos i've got things to do, places to be" Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm old!!!
  • Options
    I know I'm turning into my Mum now that I've developed a "phone voice". I make the Queen sound like a chav, LOL.
  • Options
    Babs3
    I am in total aggreement with you. I find myself saying excatly the same things as my mother i.e "because I say so" I vowed I would always give an explanation as I hated it as a child. Also "No means No, ask again and you go with out" I was going with out anyway so what would the harm be in asking again?? I never understood that, but it does work.

I can't say I have got excited over a washing machine as ours is yet to break down but I did get excited over a new hoover. One that actually picked up. And if I was to ever get a dishwasher......well my year would be made. LoL.

OMG i'm 23 and a dishwasher would make my year!! HEEELP!!!!!!

Kerry, Freya and Pink Bump
    X X X
  • Options
    Hehe good post!
    I too am hearing myself say things to my son just like my mum used to say to me!!
    "I want never gets!"..Other little sayings that sound just like my mum does!!!
    The very fact i have asked my mum to get me a slow cooker for my birthday this month lol,oh and i soooo want and need a tumble dryer,but no space!!
    I now go round the house moaning about the amount of dog hairs on everything!JUST like my mum used to say about our old dog when i was a child,I used to say to her"he cant help it" well that really doesnt wash with me now,
  • Options
    It gets sooo much worse as they get older too, I find myself saying to my oldest 2, I dont care what all your friends are allowed to do youre not. lol Am with you on the washing machine, I was very excited with mine when it arrived, 7kg drum and a 10 year guarantee. I was even worse when I got my new iron, it is one of those snazzy ones with the steam pressure and the big water tank, I was so excited I even Ironed the bed covers and the pyjamas, now that is just sad :lol:
  • Options
    Good news girls... the machine arrived, on time and in the snow. I've only managed to squeeze in 2 loads today but I'm raring to go tomorrow. I'm glad it's not just me. It made me smile when you were talking about things you say to your lo. I realised the one I say most is 'What has Mummy just told you about that?..." Doesn't sound too bad but my boy is only 20 mnths old and his vocab is pretty much limited to things like ball and tractor. I think I'd faint if he actually answered me !
  • Options
    Ha ha that is good though!

I know ive turned into a mum cos my handbag is full of nappies, wipes and bribes, I mean oat cakes! xxx
  • Options
    he he benjismum.....mumism...great word babe lol!!!

Oh juliette I love cooking casseroles, I have one on the stove as I type lol!!!

And yes my hand bag is sooooo full of kids stuff my purse had to sit right on top...I had a thought my mum never used a handbag...hooray maybe Im not so like her afterall(wishfull thinking lol!!)

This has cheered me up no end today, thanks girls xxxx
  • Options
    I know my day is complete if ive got a washing drying on the line and casserole in slow cooker, all before 9am!!!!!

Cant believe i used to be such a party person, now i find 10pm very late!!

how sad

Gemm x
  • Options
    Lol@ gemm..I used to go out 4 nights a week and usually be in after midnight!now when the time starts creeping towards ten i start thinking that i best get to bed!!!!
    I've not said this(yet)but my mums fave was "stop crying,or i'll give you something to cry about"!!!
    I have committed the mortal sin of using my own spit to wipe los face lol
  • Options
    OMG Benjismummy, i too have licked a tissue to get gunk off Matthew's face!!!
    Katielou, the smelling the polish story made me LOL!! Thanks, that really made me smile.
  • Options
    My bag is also full of nappies, wipes and raisins!!

[Modified by: Juliette on February 08, 2009 09:33 PM]

• Options
    The going out thing is definitely true. Recently my husband and friends threw me a fantastic 70's suprised birthday party with disco lights, 70's cocktails and menue and amazing fancy dress. What was I thinking about the whole night... how great it was that lo was staying in at Mums and I'd get a lie in on Sunday morning !!!! It was a very fab and groovy night and I DO love them all for going to the effort they did (just in case I sounded a bit ungrateful).