Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Food Ideas, dinner and lunch

Hi girls,

I really need some dinner ideas that are easy to freeze. Macey is 16 months and i think i keep going round in circles with what im feeding her. I like easy things to cook so any ideas welcome. She eats most things but not my fish pie tonight i spend bloody ages doing it aswell.

Would like to try any veg.

Also what do you give you lo for lunch?

Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    I give Jack scrambled egg and beans or tuna pasta, sandwiches with ham cheese which he enjoys xxx
  • Options
    will def have the try tuna pasta do you do it cold?
  • Options
    Hi Ben is 15mths and i feel like im always making him the same as i tend to stick to what he likes as its annoying when you spend ages making something only for them to not want it lol!though usually if i try him again on another day he will take it!
    I make him shepards pie,corned beef hash,tuna pasta,Lasagne,
    mash and veg with gravy or a cheese sauce,all are easy to freeze!
    Looking to try some new meals though,funnily enough he will eat anything from MY plate lol
  • Options
    Sonny has eaten what we eat sonce around 14 months. I tend to stick to casseroles made in the slow cooker, chicken, pork, beef (use the casserole sachets as they add flavour ) & then at least twice a week he has something like fish fingers, peas & smiley faces or those cpt birdseye chicken things with peas & carrots inside which he loves & oven baked potatoe wedges & beans. Any casserole is served with mash or boiled potaotes & I cram plenty of veg in them, I usually buy a casserole pack then add peas, mushrooms, potatoes, sweet potatoe, sweetcorn, broccoli, basically everythign I have in the freezer. He loves casseroles & making them has 2 added bonuses, one is you can mix it all up with the mash then lo can feed themselves & two is that you usually end upo wiht at least 3 extra portiosn to freeze for lo to eat the rest of the month.

I only make casseroles one week a month as lo eats the frozen portions the rest of the time image
  • Options
    Hi,
    For lunch he loves a cold plate of finger food (ham,cheese, bread & cherry tomatoes usually), baked potatoes with beans & cheese, scrambled eggs on toast, tuna/avocado dip with pita, grilled pita toasties with ham & cheese. He then has fruit after.

For dinner he's a big pasta fan. Can you make up some big batches of pasta sauces and freeze in ice cubes, then you just have to add to the pasta each time. My lo's fave is a garlic/spinach/philledelphia combo & tomato, basil, cheese thing. Veg ratatouille is a nice easy one to get lot's of veg in. I also try and make a little extra of our dinner for him to eat the following day if I think it's something he'll like.

I HATE it when I make something new especially for him and he's not interested!x
  • Options
    Hi, I work full time so cook main dishes on the w/end and then only have to do pot/rice etc on the day, varying them up. I'll cook mince with veg, peas, courgette, carrots, aubergine and freeze this in portions, then lo can have with either potato, pasta, rice or cous cous. Beef stew is another favourite, just cook a whole pot, again full of veg and leave it for a couple of hrs so the beef is soft. I also buy frozen fish which can be steamed or baked in 10 mins x