Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sent home from nursery with a rash!!

just got a phonecall from nursery who asked me to go and pick up my 15month old son as he has a rash thta has spread through the day. luckily his dad threw a sickie today so is going to pick him up. i'm still shaking from the shock, awful things going through my mind! he has had a rash over the weekend which i put down to heat rash, hopefully it's more of the same. but he had a high fever sunday and yesterday, though it seems to have gone down today! i'm so worried - but guess that's a mums job! any reassurance welcome!! thanks
claire x :\(

Replies

• Options
    Hi Claire,

Joshua always gets rashes and its a bloody nightmare...I spend most of my time running up and down the stairs getting a glass to rub over him to make sure the rash or spots dissapear lol!

Touchwood he hasnt had a rash since february but when he gets them its usually cos he has a viral infection. I ring NHS direct and they are usually so good and thorough it puts my mind at rest. Keep him cool, keep up his fluid intake and give him calpol thats all I can advise im afraid! xxx
  • Options
    My little boy is covered in a rash today but it is only a prickly heat rash,which is not surprising in this heat! I got some anti histamine medicine which will hopefully do the trick!!
    Make sure he is drinking plenty as you don't want him to be dehydrated.I;m sure he'll be fine.
  • Options
    The rash has colamed down completely now. i was so cross when i got home, oh had taken his trousers off but not his vest and longsleeved top, hadn't given him a cooling bath and he didn't want a drink. his rash was bright red. i puthim to bed with light pj's on and a sheet covering him (ususally has a sleeping bag), and rash has gone down. the nursery wouldn't let him in until i had taken him to GP or HV, lucky i didn't have to get into work til 11am. HV said it's probably heatrash, but as it's gone she couldn't tell properly!! anyway, i'm at work, he's at nursery and they know what they have to do if it flares up again. what a bother!
  • Options
    It does worry you whenthey have a rash doesn't it?Glad lo is fine today.x