Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

battered toddler,lol

hi girls, oliver is 21m now and very clumsy, always climbing,falling, running into walls ect so understandably has quite collection of bruises (mostly on his head!)
i also have evie who is nearly 7wks old, i have been, when oliver is in demonic mode(poking,pinching and smaking evie) saying no very sharply and lifting him upand moving him to the other side of the room, ignoring him tilhe behaves better.
however recently when he sees me coming to move him he ducks,now this ducking when i approach him combined with the collection of bruises is gettingme some very dissaproving looks at the park,playgroup etc.
just wondered if anyone is having the same prob or any advice? im sure some people think im beating him up,it cant look too good if he ducks outta the way,lol

Replies

• Options
    No advice but I know what you mean about the bruises! Millie is constantly covered in them, most of hers are on her legs as she just walks into things and it makes her look like a batterd child.
    My mum was telling me a story the other day about my big brother. She was trying to change his nappy and he kept escaping, she grabbed the back of his top and he lunged forward to get away and smacked his head on the corner of a metal bed frame. It came up in a giant great lump and when people asked him how he did it he said 'Mummy hit my head on the bed' At least your lo hasn't started telling people you hit him yet lol!
    Kerry xx
  • Options
    its so hard to stop them isnt it. chloe has always got a nice new bruise whenever an old one is starting to clear up she manages another. her latest is a nice big line down her face where she managed to fall against the stairgate. you feel like you constantly have to explain yourself.
  • Options
    Our Logan is exactly the same, his legs are covered in bruises were he has had shorts on in the hot weather and he basically falls over his own feet lol Plus he's at the stage of banging his head to get his own way which doesnt look good! i wouldnt worry though all kids have bruises when there that age xx
  • Options
    DOn't worry too much hun, just think, would you really be at all worried if someone challenged you about it? Jack is always covered with bruises, and is sporting a juicy bitemark which he got from a little girl at nursery!
    i am always pretending to bite him, loves having his feet bitten too!