Forum home› Toddlers & older children› Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bed guards

i have looked at the tomy bed guard but in argos it says only suitable for divans, everywhere else it says suitable for all beds.
has anyone got/used one or can recomend a guard for a bottom bunk (with wooden slats)?
thanx. xx

Replies

• Options
    I think they can be used for all beds because it would make sense to be able to use them on kids beds and cot beds as thats who they're designed for. Sorry im not much help, i dont have one for my daughter, i just put a bean bag next to her cot bed. x
  • Options
    hiya kirst

We have a wooden guard we got from Mothercare for our daughter, she is in a cotbed which has wooden slats & this seems to fit, although it does make her mattress a little wonkey but it doesnt seem to bother her really as her mattress is very thick & she doesnt feel it, there was no other way really but it does the trick & she has never fallen out

good luck in finding one x
  • Options
    ive just bought the lindum one from asda which says its suitable for all beds, its not bloody suitable for mine!!!! my LO's just gone into his cotbed but its not wide enough for this one. its about 2 inch too small image (it did have measurements on the box but just assumed it would fit cotbeds and its standard size mattress so its not a funny size)

everytime i've seen the tomy one it says on the box only suitable for divans.

my LO fell out 3 times first night and once second night but has been fine since that so dont think ill bother with one if he has start again, there is a baby dan one on ebay that says suitable for all beds and has the measurements (which i have now checked)

hth
  • Options
    Hi kirst3

I bought the Tomy bed guard from Mothercare and it didnt fit my lo's (slatted) bed. The surface has to be flat as the guard lies accross it and hooks on the side of the mattress. So when I put it on it was resting on the edges of the bed frame so the mattress wasnt sitting on the slats (does that make sense?) It was only after I had put it together and found it didnt fit that I read the box, and it does say on there that they're not suitable for slatted beds.

I think this is a stupid idea cos how many kids sleep in divans??!!
  • Options
    Hi Kirst, this one should work for you, this is what i had for ollie and will be using it again when i eventually move jake into a bed!!

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-soft-fold-down-bed-guard/dp/B000TEVNDU/sr=1-1/qid=1226777359/ref=sr_1_1/202-5676822-2921416?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core
  • Options
    omg i've just realised how old this thread is!! image
    hope this helps someone else then!!

[Modified by: Mum0f2 on November 15, 2008 07:33 PM]

• Options
    lol mumof2!
    i got a babydan 1 in the end it fits any bed, its now on my bed coz he sneaks in it in the night and if i have silky bedding on he slides out,lol xx
  • Options
    aw bless him, does evie stay in her cot all night?
    jake still ends up in my bed most nights but that's me being to lazy to get him to go back to sleep in his cot!!
  • Options
    evie is a diamond! been sleepin 7-7 from 2wks old. she has only come in with me on the odd night when she has been a little off colour for some booby, if i dont fall asleep feeding she wld happily go back in her cot, must admit i like having them in with me, oliver has slept in my bed from the start,lol. hope the boys r ok hun. xxx
  • Options
    I got a tomy wooden bed guard from ebay, much better that the mesh one I found.