Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

does anyone cook with cream?

I have recently started using cream in cooking for soup and pasta and stuff, cos i can put every vegetable in the dish and Erin will eat anything if it has cream in it. But is this really bad, i have been using single cream and Erin is below 25th centile for weight, but am i making a rod for my back?

Honest opinons please

Replies

• Options
    God no!! Little kids need lots of calories. I don't put it in everything but there are lots of things I make for my two that have cream in, and I normally use double! image
  • Options
    Good thanks for that, i wasn't really concerned until i opened my recycling bin to put yet another pot of cream in and realised how many pots i've gone through these last few weeks, plus i eat what she eats lol so maybe i should be taking some sauce/soup out b4 adding the cream cos i certainly do not need the extra calories !! :lol:
  • Options
    I use cream in soups and pastas too. Or full fat yoghurt. I don't think we need to worry at this age and, as bedhead said they need lot's of calories. It's real butter and full fat dairy all the way for us!