Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

foot turns inwards when walking/running

hi, dd is 23mths and have noticed over the past few weeks that when she runs her left foot turns inwards slightly(looks like it turns from the knee and below) shes so scatty when she runs-arms and legs are everywhere! does ne1 else have a lo with inwards turning feet? it seems to affect her most when shes tired. should i worry, or will it correct itself?? xxx

Replies

• Options
    my ds1 did this when he was younger often tripping himself up. i took him to see the gp who said it would get better with age which it did. can't remember when but he was fine by the time he started school.i would pop to your gp see what he has to say if only for peace of mind
  • Options
    G/C but just to say my foot always turns inwards, im a bit pigeon toed hehe. It just makes me slightly clumsier than others and nobody notices it unless i point it out xx
  • Options
    My DD's walks like this with one foot turned in and curls under her toes too.

She is under consultant care for her hips so we have mentioned the foot issue, and the consultant is unconcerned currently. She checked all the flexion in the foot to make sure Skye could actually flex in all directions comfortably, and hence it was not a neurological issue. She said that as she gets older she will think less about the way she walks/runs, and it will all happen naturally, and the foot should then start to straighten within a year or so. Skye is currently 22 months old.

So I guess if you are happy that your LO can flex the foot happily in all directions, or maybe get this checked by your GP, then it should hopefully be okay in time?

HTH, Iz & Skye x
  • Options
    my left foot use to turn in t the ankle. went to gp who told me to walk on tiptoes to strengthen muscle. my mom says still do it now at 31 years old when i'm tired!!!!!