Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Party Bags for a 2 year old ideas please!

I'm looking for some suggestions what I can put in the party bags for Lily's party. Most of the children will be 2 (like Lily) and a mixture of boys and girls. I've thought of the obvious like slice of cake and a small packet of buttons but not sure what else to include. Also have a 9 month old coming and would like to do a party bag for her so any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    Bubbles!

My dd loves bubbles and you can get them for about 30p at Asda image

I went to a 2nd birthday party in May and they had bubbles in the party bags.. they also had a small pack of crayons and tiny note pad.. dd loves the little note pad ! xx
  • Options
    DD was 2 in March and we put bubbles, colouring books and crayons, stickers and finger puppets (dead cheap for a pack of 10 at Ikea if you've got one near you!) along with the obligatory chocolate buttons and birthday cake in her bags.
    Xx
  • Options
    For lo's 2nd birthday party I looked on ebay for party bag fillers and picked up some little sets with stamps, notepad and ruler I think - they were a couple of pound for 5. Also picked up a set of 5 chuggington sticker/game sets for the same price - although i later realised that they'd been the freebies on the chuggington mag.

The other things I got for pass the parcel prizes/party bags were from the newsagents my auntie works at - what they do is take the freebies off the front of magazines and put them in a box and take 20p per item off people for charity. Apparently they get quite a lot of people coming in for those things for party bags

Bubbles are a great idea though - I'm hiding the bubbles from lo's last party bag till we get a nice day when i've got no washing out..he loves bubbles, I put a mini sweetie bag in ours, plus a pack of raisens and a lolly. You could also put a balloon in maybe - lo loves balloons.

• Options
    Little pots of playdough and masks!!!
  • Options
    Love the ideas! Playdough - make this for my class so will make my own for the bags and get some nice paper to wrap it up in!

Keep the ideas coming!

Thank you ladies!!!
    xxx
  • Options
    I put some bouncy balls in my 2 year olds party bags and they went down really well. They were larger ones so not possible for them to put them in their mouths!
    I put a handful of sweeties in too, jelly sweets type things. Stickers normally go down well too, I put party blowers in, and a balloon (unblown of course lol!). x
  • Options
    Think the ladies have made all the good suggestions the only other thing I could add is I got on excellant painted wooden animals online for each box for my ds 1st as it was a safari theme.

Also a suggesstion for the 9 month old is a little buggy book. I got ne of these when ds was little and he still loves playing with it.

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/08m4.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev278pr___.png

• Options
    I was going to say crayons and small colouring book, box or raisins, balloon, bubbles - Asda have some fab little toys and things that are quite cheap.

We had a soft ball in a party bag when ds was about 9 months that he loved, or a little soft toy/buggy toy or something.
  • Options
    i googled gifts under a ??1 when i was doing my party bags and found some gorgoues milk tooth holders which were 90 pence each they were a selection of wooden animal pots that you put the childs milk teeth in for the fairy to collect an dleave the money. on the same website they did all sorts of wooden toys and i also got bookmarks which again i think were about 70 pence each thought they would be nice presents to keep but dont cost the earth. i also put in bubbles bloweres balloons chocolate s sweets . i remeber loving getting party bags and im determined to make mine original every year. i hate the bits of nasty cheap plastic crap you can get. My friend also did fabulous party bags but only for 6 children as they would have been bit pricier but she put in a flashing toothbrush that flashes for 2 minutes a magic flannel and some bath crayons.
  • Options
    For girls, pretty bobbles/hair slides is a good one. Evie got these in a party bag once. xx
  • Options
    I second the bubbles.. kids love them.

Also, those aqua draw things. You can get some small travel ones for about 49p ( i got them in tesco last summer) kids love them.

d x
  • Options
    For Joseph's party bags, I got a set of those little happyland figures (half price in ELC at the time, now sure if they are now) and put a couple in each bag. They seemed to go down well. I agree bubbles are fab - Tesco do mini sized pots which are actually really good, you get a big stream of bubbles with each blow! HTH x
  • Options

keep simple the point is to thanks 

• Options

Mini crayons, curly balloon, marshmallows and maybe a sheet of stickers? image