Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lo wont eat breakfast... Help!!

For the past week or maybe more my lo has started not eating any breakfast, iv tried everything, she usually gets a slice of toast or porridge but wont take that now image any ideas?x

Replies

• Options
    Is she eating her other meals ok?
    Maybe she's bored of the same thing at brekkie. Try her with some rice krispies or corn flakes.
    Sorry can't be much more help.
  • Options
    I was going to say the same as ccbmommy, maybe she's bored with whats she's having. Does she like fruit? try a nice bowl of fruit with yoghurt or a different cereal, or do you put anything on the toast? Shea loves either jam, dairy-lea or peanut butter on his

Hope this helps
  • Options
    if shes eating other meals ok then just try not to worry to much

maybe offer brekkie a bit later than normal???

or as the others say offer different things - fruit and yoghurt or pancakes or crumpets or scotch pancakes toasted or whatabout a more continental style brekkie with crackers and some ham and cheese???

But if she is eating other things and doesn't seem bothered then she is probably just not hungry then and don't worry too much!
  • Options
    Scotch pancakes - great idea!
  • Options
    Max LOVES them Hayley - I had never thought of them but they have them sometimes as a snack at his nursery so I gave it a go too! Problem is that I love them too so end up having some as well! image
  • Options
    Never had a scotch pancake myself - what would you put on it? Will def try it with Charlotte (and me)!!
  • Options
    Hm.scotch pancakes - will try those for nursery snacks! Not sure what you do with them though lol.

I was going to say the same too - is she bored of her brekky? Would she prefer something she can feed herself? Cole has moon & stars or hoopaloops and eats them himself but he has the porridgy type stuff at nursery because he won't eat it for me any more but he will for nursery! Little monster! I've figured out when he refuses cereal that its cause he's bored so I try and rotate his cereals and of course he has different at nursery.