Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New to Toddler! and a shoe question

Hi, this is my first post on Toddler - my ds William is 13 months old and just started to walk.

He's getting better at walking every day and I can't believe how quickly he is growing up :\(

When is the best time to buy his first shoes? Should I get some now to wear inside, to help support his little feet or should I wait a while longer until he's ready to walk about outside??

Replies

• Options
    I wouldn't bother with shoes inside tbh - they don't need them. Cole got his first shoes when he was 11 months as he'd just and so started walking. The only reason I got him proper shoes was becasue he'd just started nursery and the pram shoes were all too small for him (big footed boy!) and it was november and he needed something on his feet when we went out.

The clarks cruiser shoes are good for first shoes as they are lighter and thinner than normal shoes - and a tenner cheaper image
  • Options
    I would wait until he is confident enough to be walking outside, even if it's just for short periods in the park etc. They don't really need shoes indoors, and I couldn't believe how expensive shoes were- or how quickly my lo grew out of them! I would definitely agree with Lara about clarks though- very good service and not pushy at all, they will let you know if they don't think lo needs shoes yet.
  • Options
    i would also go with clarks, my lo had his first pair of shoes (cruisers) from there at 11months when he started walking. i have never bought a pair from any where else. i find it a peace of mind knowing they fit properly as i was always worried that if shoes hurt his feet when walking he wouldnt be able to tell me! x
  • Options
    Like others have sasid, indoors my lo wears no shoes just like us. When she first started walking I brough her some cruisers from clarks. Shoes but with soft soles. About 3-4 mths later she went up a size and was walking running around etc so she now has proper walking shoes with the hard base.
    If you have a clarks outlet near you pay them a visit as the shoes are often less than half price. my los cruisers only cost me ??12.50. I personally wont be buying my los shoes from anywhere but a proper shoe shop. They need to wear shoes which fit properly otherwise it can affect the way their feet grow etc
  • Options
    Hello, thanks everyone for your advice. I will definately go and check out the Clarks Cruisers xxx