Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Toddler brag! Sorry!

Hi ladies, im sorry i dont want to show off i just want to brag a bit and see if any one elses children are the same. My daughter who is 3 in 2 months is the best! I love her so much, she was breast fed for a year but the only thing is she didnt sleep through the night until she was 15 months and 2weeks not that i was counting! But apart from that she has been a dream so far. She weaned with no problems still to this day tryin all diff foods and her fave things are fruit and veg, i potty trained her with no problems at all or no accidents at 18 months, she was ahead at ill her milestones walkin at 10months and sittin at 4 months. She can speak so well at at 2 and 2 half she could count to 10 and point to every letter in the alphabet correctly, she is so kind and loving she makes friends so easily, i love my daughter so much! X x sorry ladies im not tryin to say shes better than any other child all children are a gift from god, and each child is a shinning star, even if its hidden under a thick layer of spag bol! X x

Replies

• Options
    Of course you are going to think your child is the best.

But no child is the same and I hope other mum's remember that when reading this, and they develop at their own rate. Charlotte didn't walk alone until 19 months but she's still a star.

Anyway, my dd is more beautiful than yours - see I can do it too!!!!
  • Options
    Wot a lovely post! Ur daughter sounds like a dream child! My daughter doesn't sleep well (wakes v early and thru the nite sumtimes) and is quite a fussy eater as well. I love her so much and in my eyes she's perfect! Ur def rite all children are a gift from god! xx
  • Options
    I no im sorry if i made any one feel bad its just i wanted to tell people cuz in real life i cant just tell people this! No offence was meant i love all children i did say she werent too good at sleeping and im sure there are children more clever, and advanced than mine, its no competition! Lets just celebrate our children x x x
  • Options
    I didn't mean it like that. Just some mums do worry about their lo's and their development.

You are entitled to brag about your lo as much as you want.

My last paragraph was tongue firmly in cheek, but hard to put across on a forum though.
  • Options
    every one has something to brag about with their los! i think all toddlers have something they do before others and things they are later at than others! my lo didnt sit or crawl till 8 months (very late and extremely worried, he just rolled ) but walked at 11 months ha ha work that one out!!!
    but we should definatly celebrate what they do early!
  • Options
    She sounds lovely. If all your children are that good you could sell
    them!!! I know I'd buy one x x
  • Options
    My lo still has a small amount of blonde hair at 16months. According to my hubby, he thinks it means she will be clever! Im still waiting for the outcome of this one....although she probs will be out of coincidence and take after her father!

According to some people, sleeping is when you grow. My lo didnt sleep through until around 13months, maybe thats why shes short! She was petite at birth and my hubby family are short, thats probably the real reason!

Some also say, not wanting to sleep is the brain being to active as a result of lots of thinking. Il let you know in a couple of years if this holds true!

For all of you whos los are average with milestones etc, just remember your los are making the most of the baby/toddler age :P

I love motherhood. I totally understand about wanting to tell somebody but not those you see face to face. Sounds like your los mind is very active and shes a very clever daughter that understandably you are proud off. I know I would be too if I was in your shoes. Out of interest, how much time did/do you spend teaching her things like numbers, alphabet etc? Let me know when she sings her first nursery song off by heart image

I love it when every day they do something that brings a smile on your face. whether its something new or something they have already learnt.

• Options
    I totally don't blame you for bragging about your daughter I am exactly the same with mine, In fact I'm gunna let you in to a little secret when I go to to toddler groups and speak to other mums about their children I'm not really listening to what they say I'm just waiting for them to finish speaking so I can carry on going on about mine hahahaxxx
  • Options
    we are all proud of our children and have a right to brg about them! i do i cant help it, both my dds have been very farward walking and talkinh early, freya is 18 months and can count ot 5 and phoebe is 4 and onlt started school 3 weeks ago and already know what letters she needs to make different sounds and can read and write several words, oo and she can ride her bike without stablizers too.. there we go thats my little brag for the day.
    any way every ones lo are special and to them they are perfect and no one would want their children any other way. xx
  • Options
    Snappyloz that's brilliant, I love your honesty!!
  • Options
    Aaaw, she sounds fantastic! No wonder you are so proud!! xx
  • Options
    I too love mummy brags you hear too often how much kids get on there parents nerves (me including sometimes). I love it when someone speaks so proud of there children its great. Erin makes me proud everyday :\)
  • Options
    Hi thanks for all the replys, i didnt really spend too much time teachin her she just learnt it really quick but she is an only child at the mo so she has got a lot of attention. She can ring the song i no you i walked with you once upon a dream, then she misses the next bit and goes, you ll love me at once the way you did once upon a dream! Its off sleeping beauty by the way! She even does it with a little tune! X all your children sound lovely! X x x