Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Blooming Typical

Hi Girls

My lo is 15 months and since sept had not slept a full night. For the last 2 weeks she has been sleeping right through everynight. Hurray. She has now got the cold. She was ok last night but i'm sure she will be up tonight, the poor wee chicken has a wee cough and blocked nose. TYPICAL

I'll prob end up back at square 1.

Has anyone found that their baby wakes when has a cold but once cold has passed went back to all night sleeping

Replies

• Options
    hiya,my lo doesnt wake up when she has a cold but i use medised,it aids a restfull sleep and helps with there breathing it always helps primrose when she has a cold.xx
  • Options
    Hi
    We were lucky and Matthew started sleeping through at about 4.5 months (after an awful first few months tho when he wouldn't settle alone at all!). He does sometimes wake when he is poorly and often ends up in bed with me. However, once the cold or whatever has passed he sleeps through again and in his own bed. Stay positive!
    PS V V V pleased for you that your little girl is finally sleeping through.
  • Options
    My lo slept thru from 9weeks and then at about 12week old got a cold which lasted 7 weeks!!!
    I know medised's on the banned for under 2's list but it was the only thing that settled her if she woke up during the night (she couldn't breathe!). Once the cold was gone she slept thru again, apart from the odd dummy replug. Now she has another cold, but seems better as she sleeps on her front and wipes her nose as she sleeps lol.
  • Options
    Well lo seemed to sleep ok again last night, i gave her calpol before bed, i was thinking about changing it to medised while she has a cold but was told it was for over 2s. Would it be ok to give her some instead of calpol just while she has a cold