Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help will my little one still need puschair?

Hi folks,

Slight dilemna! I have a borrowed quinny buzz pushchair from a friend. Absolutely love it its been great.

Problem is my friend needs it back for no 2 in a few weeks. My little one is 16 months so still needs a pushchair, we have a small lightweight one I use for going out in car but it doesn't do the job for sleeping. I am also trying to concieve number 2? Swithering to buy a phil and teds so it converts for both when no2 for us arrives. But I really prefer other system but my eldest will potentially be only 2 yrs 1 month when a brother or sister arrives?

Help any ideas?

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    my l/o is yr 10months and i have a 13 week old. i thought he would be to old so i just got a normal pram. i wish i had got a phil and ted. you should encourage them to walk but sometimes they get tired. my live wire has a habbit of disappearing in town and some times i only want to be quick so really wish i had the option to stick him in the pushchair to.

• Options
    My friend is about to have her 2nd & has a 3 1/2 year old too & she 100% needs a double cause her lo hates to walk & also going around shops or to the park means she gets tired & then will need to be carried if she doesn't have the double. Not sure which one she got but looked into a buggy board too but her lo io also adverse to standing & wants to sit image

I did see a buggy clip on attachment, sort of like a buggy side car, will see if i can rememebr where I saw it. Sort of clips on to your single pushchair & folds up when not in use
  • Options
    I have a phil & teds. Amy was 2 years & almost 2 months when Zara arrived & I dont think I could manage without it. Although shes perfectly capable of walking I can just imagine her being a nightmare if we were in shops or if we went out for a walk she would get tired. I would def recommend the phil & teds though coz I cant fault it

Good luck

Hilary x
  • Options
    Thanks for your tips. Was looking in to it a bit more and it sounds ideal as I can use it now as a single for him on his own, then as a double and then when he gets too old new baby can use it as a single!
    Great
    Thank you
  • Options
    Hi, ive got a phil&teds too and its great. My son was 27mths when my daughter was born, and he is 3yrs 5mths now and still goes in it sometimes on long trips or walks. I quite often leave the second seat on even when he is not with us as its so well designed that even with it on it is still really compact and easy to use, and it doesnt interfere with your strides either ( i thought it might because i take quite big strides when I walk! :lolimage . And the seat can come in handy for carrying shopping and stuff. I would highly recommend it!
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

I might sound really daft but what is a phil&teds pushchair? Ive got a 17 month old and im due to have our second in July so he'll be 22 months are have looked everywhere for a double buggy.
    Can you seperate them from a single to a double?

Thanks for the help in advance xx
  • Options
    hi speckle, check out this website it explains the whole phil&teds pushchair

http://www.practicalpushchairs.co.uk/pages/phil_and_teds/Phil_&_Teds_Sport_Pushchair.shtml

hope this helps
  • Options
    i didn't want to spend out a huge ammount of money on a double and my 2 1/2 year old is really good at walking - he walks miles,( I also live in a small town where none of the shops can accomodate a double.)

BUT since the baby was born he has been run down so gets tired easily and is more demanding. a buggy board is good for when he is tired but he is still having to stand up and still having to hold on which seems awqward/uncomfortable. it is also absolutely no good when he has a tantrum as i need both hands to deal with him and then can't push pram!!
    In the end i reverted back to putting him in his pushchair and then just put the baby in the sling!!! this is much easier! also his behaviour has improved hugely as he doesn't feel the baby is getting priority over him!
    a thought just in case you wanted an alternative, julesy