Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Growing up milk

Do you give your LO this or do you just give them cows milk?? :\)

Elaine & Boys xxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    mmmm thats a coincidence, I saw this advert on telly last night and thought about getting some as Shea has had whole milk since 11months, he's now starting to drink a bit less (has 2 beakers a day but is now leaving about half) and his diet hasn't been that great either........but I didn't want to get back into the expense of this again!!
  • Options
    do u get healthy start vouchers? You can use them for it. I have been giving Tyler cows milk from 11 months too but bought some HIPP organic growing up milk. I was just worried that coz he is so small and skinny that he would need a boost. He eats well though. My boys take after their dad and have very fast metabolisms (sp?) (not like me LOL)
  • Options
    No I don't get any vouchers - what are they? how are you entitled to them! hubby is unemployed at mo so wandering if i'm missing out on stuff I could be entitled to
  • Options
    I did put Charlotte on C&G toddler milk from about 12-14 months then realised it wasn't worth the money. She now only has milk on cereal and before bed. She took to cows milk quite well and actually drinks it better than formula. I always buy organic dairy.
  • Options
    I don't think it's worth the money, I also hate that advert for c&g growing up milk as it implies babies need loads of milk to be healthy but they don't (though milk is good, it doesnt have to be formula). Gabe had cows milk from 11 months to 13 months and since then he doesn't have any milk. He is fine :\)
  • Options
    i have never used it, tbh i think that its just a gimmick to make you spend more money, cows milk is fine from 12 months as by then they should have a balanced diet. My eldest stoped having formula at a year and jsut had cows milk before bed and she is fine. i do still bf freya though and will continue to do that for as long as she wants as it is free but i certainly wouldnt part with any money for special milkl that they dont need. x
  • Options
    We use toddler milk although i always use cows milk in food. I was going to swap when he turned one but a) he got v constipated b) I suddenly worried about removing all the extra goodness: I think if they have cows milk you're supposed to give them vitamin supplements as well. Zachariah (19mth) still drinks a lot of milk and he's hardly ever I'll and certainally not a chubby baby/toddler so I'm not worried, the box says up to 3 but I'll probably rethink at 2 tbh, it is v expensive though but the way I see it is I drink ss and he would need full fat and so bottles of milk kept going to waste when I tried the switch anyway!
  • Options
    Healthy start vouchers are coupons that you can get that entitles you to money off of Fruit, Veg and Infant formula.

If your income is less than ??14,495 per year you can recieve them.

xx