Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I think my son deserves an award

Excuse me for having a little self indulgent moment please ladies.

As some of you may know my husband moved away for work and we probably won't see him till Christmas. I was terrified about how Oscar would be without him (he's a daddy's boy) and how I would cope without him as he does an awful lot round the house and with Oscar. But all my fear's are subsiding as my little boy is being an absolute joy! And that's in spite of cutting 4 molars at once :lol:

He's sleeping well, entertaining himself, giving me kisses every morning, calling me mum, continually smiling and just making me so proud. He's learning something new every day whether it's clapping at the end of a song, or feeding himself or obeying a new instruction. He's still being a little whiney (stupid teeth) but now he's coming to me for cuddles to make him better.

Sorry to ramble but I love him so much

Replies

• Options
    Ah bless him!! It must be very hard for you both, he sounds like he's doing so well though. Don't worry, you're not rambling either! xx
  • Options
    Wot a good boy! U sound like ur both copin brilliantly, don't think I could do it. Christmas will come round so quick x
  • Options
    That's lovely... Can I add-I am so proud of you both, he's doing wonderfully-but so are you!!

Good luck to you all over the next few months-just think it is heading towards a better future!! xxx
  • Options
    That's lovely!!
    xx
  • Options
    That's great to hear.

I know how hard it is when your OH works away. My OH is back at weekends but it's still a struggle. I think you deserve a good pat on the back too! xx
  • Options
    thats lovely, it ust be hard for you all and glad he is coping well.kids are fab.lol.xxx
  • Options
    Thanks all. We are counting down the days but also enjoying them as he's getting my sole attention and is thriving. He's been whiney today but we've been in and out of the car getting all the bits for his birthday party tomorrow so I forgive him :lol:

We're at my mum's for the weekend so am getting some help and we're planning a trip up to see Daddy in a few weeks.

Thanks again for your kind words xx