Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Peanut allergy

Hi everyone I've just found out Max has a peanut allergy :\(

When he woke up this morning I noticed the skin on his face was a bit pimply, I thought it was teething, or eczema so put some cream on but then after dinner I noticed it had got loads worse and he had like a nettle rash all over his face and neck! It was really scary!
I phoned NHS Direct at about half 5 and they said they'll get a nurse to ring me within 5 HOURS!
So I rang GP he said its def an allergic reaction, and has he had any new foods in the last few days? And guess what? About 2-3 days ago I started giving him smooth peanut butter in his sandwiches. GP said that sounds like its what it is as allergies take up to 48 hours to appear.
So he prescribed piriton and told me not to give him any peanuts or peanut products.

It was really scary for a while, though!

Does anyone else have a LO with an allergy? Anything I should steer clear of with hidden peanuts?
Thanks xxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    yeah brianna shes 2 n found out at the minders wen she was 8months must have given her peanut soup n she stopped breathing n rushed her to the hospital.
    got called at work n rushed to the hospital n was told her case is really severe n she stayed in 2 more days n sent home when all was clear.
    took her for more tests n was told she's allergic to wheat n nuts so i just read labels off every food stuff even her toiletries but its not that bad, went to a party n she had a peanut butter sandwich so wen d reaction started, i quickly gave her piriton cos i realised someone had given her peanut, she beacame very moody cos her body starts itchin n swells n she goes thru pain but once she's had a nap n its worn off she her old self again.
    now she goes nusery 3times a week, cos am on maternity leave, hav a 4mon old girl mecedez n she is totally allergy free n am very happy about that
  • Options
    i have a nut allergy and i would say thngs have got a lot easier now labeling is so good on food. the things that have hidden nuts in are curries, pesto and some face/body creams.

just tell everyone about your sons allergy and people are really careful x