Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

stress!!

I cant believe I have done this!!!! My mil is a complete pain in the neck but most of the time I tolerate her becuase I have to, we have had a fair amount of 'words' in the past, the most recent being becuase she was a stroppy old bag on Alices birthday just because I told her she couldnt come round till the afternoon as Alices party was in the morning. Anyway when I had it out with her she said that she didnt see why it was important to see the children on Christmas or birthdays as long as you gave them a present, she then went on to say that she wouldnt be seeing us Christmas day as his sister and her hubby were going for dinner and it is their babys first christmas so she would be too busy with them. It did pee me off a bit but tbh it suited me not to see her on Christmas day.

Anyhow now turns out that his sister and hubby have had a last minute change of plan and are now going to her mils for lunch as they went to my mils last year so that left mil and pil with no one, they even said they wouldnt bother having a christmas dinner, we found this out todya and like the prat that I am I feel guilty so now have them coming up for dinner. What have I done, I can only just cope with her in short doses let alone a whole day, and to make matters worse they dont drive so I will have to take them home which means I cant even have a bloody drink to drown my sorrows image

Somebody tell me I am not mad and I am a good person if just to make me feel momentarily better

Merry Christmas everyone and roll on tomorrow at 4 pm when they go home :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Awww bless ya hun........I'd b exactly the same and you know it's coz deep down, no matter what, you wouldn't see em alone at this time of year!!! xxx