Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fao Hayley I

Hi Hayley,
first wanted to say a big congrats to Isaac ,you must be really proud! image
and also wanted to ask you a question if you dont mind?
Thing is you mentioned in your post that Isaac is 17 months and has seen a paedatrician because he wasnt walking. Just wondering did you get referred by your HV or did you have to take him to your doctors?
My little man Freddie is nearly 17 months and isnt walking but is pulling himself up on furniture but is nowhere near close as he still so wobbly bless him!!
It drives me mad because whenever I mention it to people they say "oh hes just lazy or hel get there in the end" and followed by "Dont worry about it!" Grrrrrr
It upsets me because if there is something id rather it was picked up sooner rather than later to help my little boy image
Anyway will stop waffling now,
Heidi x

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I took Isaac to my hv when he was about 15 months as although Iwsnt worried that he wasnt walking it did concern me that he was very wobbly and when he was cruising he was up on his tiptoes, she referred him for physio but there is a massive waiting list and no paediatric physios in place at the moment, then a very "helpfull" friend told me that as he wasnt walking the hv would be concerned about muscular dystrophy, I did get myself in a bit of a state about it and my hv is very good so she referred him to the paediatrician who spent over an hour assessing himand putting our minds at rest, he has hypermobility which basically means his joints move too much and dont support him so we had to get him some supportive boots which have worked a treat, they have really helped to stop him wobbling and within 3 weeks of having them he can now stand for a short while and yesterday he took 1 step!!!! I was sooo proud I nearly cried, I know he has a long way to go but the fact he is progressing now is amazing.

If you are concerned see your hv they would be thinking about referring him from 18 months anyway so may do it early if you are worried in any way.

Good luck Hayley xx