Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

O/T Yay - we're moving house!

Hi everybody,

I have been a little quiet on here recently as we have so much going on - we are selling our house and have finally found somewhere else to buy and I am so, so excited about it!

Fingers crossed that we will be moving in at the end of May. Unlike some of the properties we have seen, it doesn't need any work doing to it, but of course I have my own ideas how I would like it to look in the long term. And I am adamant that after spending the weekend boxing and sorting our things, I am never ever moving again!

I can't wait until we are in! x

Replies

• Options
    On that's great new. You must be so excited to get in there!

We are trying to sell our house, but can't see us moving for a while as so few viewings at the mo. Seems to have really quietened down! So want to be choosing our new house!!!!

Have a great move and fun redoing your new place! xx
  • Options
    We accepted an offer on our house before we found somewhere to move into, so we are moving out of our current house on Friday to stay with my in-laws for 3-4 weeks before we can complete on the house we are buying.

A bit of a long story, but we were happy with the offer we received on our house and didn't want to lose our buyer and so we started the whole sale and valuation process before we found somehwere we were happy to buy. By the time we found somewhere, we couldn't co-incide selling our house with buying the new house, which is why we're going to stay with my in-laws.

Lo will love having grandma and grandpa and his aunty there all the time, but I am sure that when the time comes, we will be happy to be moving into our own house! The in-laws are absolutely lovely, but everyone likes to be in their own home whenever possible don't they.

It just gives me another 3-4 weeks to try and decide what we could buy for it furniture and furnishings wise and how we could redecorate when we have saved some money! We went to see it with lo last Friday and we couldn't get him out of the garden so he will be fine there lol.

Good luck with your house sale bellah and I hope you get some more viewings. x
  • Options
    We are planning the same. To get the house sold and if we have to move in with my parents until we find the perfect place for us!

3-4 weeks isn't too bad, not sure I could do too long though! :lol:

Oh I am jealous! :lol: We have never chosen our own place together, we are living in DH's house at the moment where he lived before we even met. Can't wait to buy our first home together and do it how we want!! Please someone buy our house! :lol:
  • Options
    Hi Rhian, I wondered if you were still around the other day. Congratulations on the house - we have just had a very stressful few days falling in love with a house and putting in an asking price offer only for it to go to sealed bids! Thankfully we got it so it looks like we will be moving shortly after you.

What is your new house like? I picked up a stack on homes magazines and a big scrapbook in WHSmiths today to prepare for when we move in!
    xxx
  • Options
    L+N+BB - I have sent you an email x