Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

back teeth!

hi ladies really hoping someone can help me and offer some advice?!
isabels top back tooth looks like its going to cut soon i hope but her gum looks a blue black type colour?? never seen it or heard of it before and im worried in case its an infection.
its not tender there is no blood or puss and she's not aware of it at all, so i didn't know if it was a type of bruise maybe??
its def not the tooth and just the gum but i'm just hoping for some advice. think i'll have to take her to dentist tho!!

Replies

• Options
    You should check out a post in 'baby' by caroline31, it sounds like an Eruption Cyst. Hope it can shed some light.

Might be a case for the doctor rather than the dentist.

Good luck
    Sally
  • Options
    Helloooo

My speciality!!!
    It is an eruption cyst, looks awful, is very painful but is nothing serious! Bronwyn's went a funny blue colour, and purple and black!!! If your HV is as useless as mine they will have no idea what you are talking about!!

Bronwyn had one and it vanished over night and a tooth popped up about 2 days later. Keep Isabel dosed up for the pain and give her things to chew on and cold foods to soothe her gums.

I hope this helps!!!
  • Options
    When I asked nhs direct they were useless, my dentist however, said that there was no need to see him as its perfectly normal!