Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ICSI. Has anyone tried it?

2»

Replies

• Options
    Babym and Ellieg and every1 on ICSI. I am soooo pleased and you have really lifted my spirit up. I have a +ve feeling about this one and I am looking 4ward to a late Xmas or early Jan baby. I went to the Dr yesterday and just getting ready to c him again 2day. He said i will have to c him 2wce as he needs to check the follicles again, do a blood test and then come back later in the afternoon after the result of the blood test b4 Monday. I will ask him about the nos of the follicles in total and their cms etc and i will have loads of gists for you girls later.
    I am soo happybabym that we are in this 2gether. I intend to find out what the procedure to remove the eggs and the procedure to transfer. I wouldnt mind the twins as well, so i can get it over and done with, but if its one then maybe i will ask them to freeze the embryos if there are any left and then come back in anoda 9/10 months.
    I eel beta this am, but still very bloated.
  • Options
    Hi again

Babym & Dly, reference egg retrievel and embryo transfer you may feel a little nervous now you are so close, you will be well sedated for it so try not to worry. (easier said than done i know)
    My experience after was firstly relief that i had got past this stage but be prepared for some discomfort i was very uncomfortable after but it should only last a couple of days, the bloating may remain for a while after infact mine never went as the follicles where the eggs have been removed from filled with fluid which is normal as is constipation and sickness, so take this time to relax and get ready for the next stage. The actual embryo transfer is quick and painless mine was easier than a smear test just relax as that makes it easier and you should get to see them putting the embryos back which i found amazing just keep thinking positive. I expected after the embryo transfer that there would be some sign that it had worked but everyone is different, try not to get too discouraged about pains and discharge as i had both expecially bad pains i was convinced my period was coming but i was wrong.

Good Luck x
  • Options
    hi there all, just seen your comments over ICSI and thought I would reply. We had 5 lots of ICSI treament at two different private clinics. Our first 2 attempts failed and then our clinic closed down, which at the time was devastating however in the end it was a good thing as we moved to a new clinic which had far better success results. Then our 3rd attempt failed which was closely followed by our 4th where we got pregnant however I had an earlier mis-carriage. We then had our 5th try which worked and we are now very proud parents of a beautiful baby boy who is 6 months old. Each treatment cost around ??4,000 however I would say that even though the money was a struggle its actually the emotions that go with the whole treatment that are worst and infact the worst part was the 2 week wait after having our embroys put back in. However I say to say I would go threw it all again if I had to so stay positive as ICSI have very good sucess rates we were just unlucky as our first clinic wasnt great and there was a problem with both myself and my husband which made things harder.

Good Luck all x:\)
  • Options
    Hi all, well today i took my last 2 injections and i take my hcg shot tomorrow night at 8pm.
    I have been awake alot in the night with low back ache, (ive had this for the last 3 days now) i rang the hospital this morning and they said its ok and safe to take paracetamol for it. Now though i feel slight nausea. Its really worrying me.
    Did you have this ellieg? Im so bloated, im almost looking forward to egg collection on monday.
    I am abit aprehensive about Monday morning but i know ill be fine, i went thru so much in my teens with bowel surgery etc and now have a permenent colostomy bag for the last 16 years so i have quite a high pain thresh hold. ;o) Luckily.
    Thankyou for your support ellieg, its such a help at this stressful time!! x
    DIy, how did you get on today. x
  • Options
    Thankyou MrsAmanda, have a lovely weekend.
    Karen. x
  • Options
    Hi Babym

Its normal to be bloated and sick i felt both these and also headaches and intense tiredness by the day of egg transfer i felt like my ovaries were over filled water balloons that would pop at any minute, i had to go up a trouser size due to the bloating, drink lots of water and rest, your body is going through alot so hang on in there.
    As of tomorrow i am away for a week but as soon as i get back i will log on to see how you are doing so speak to you next saturday.

good luck with egg retrieval and embryo transfer, thinking positive thoughts for you x

• Options
    Hi all,
    It was not the news i expected, but its ok. 10 follicles in all and all betweem 14-20mm in size which he said was good but dince he intends to punture all that is available, he said he will do the transfer on Tuesday and not Monday, so as to allow the smaller ones to grow a bit more. he then gave me a prescription of 4 items, he said he will call me 2moro at 4pm to tell me the time to inject myself with that injection and that i should also use pessarys on monday night to be inserted in2 the Vagina. Also the other two, i should bring along on Tuesday morning.
    He said that sperm collection would be 1hr b4 my egg collection and that i will be at the clinic for another 3/4 hours after the collection and then taxi trip home and then i should be on bedrest for 24hours. The emryos would be put back in2 me on Friday.
    The information, i took in very well, but i have lower back pain and its killing me2, the headaches are terrible as well, but that is on the decrease now, i just get very tired even after doing practically nothing.
    I am very positve, will speak with the anaesthesist on Monday getting ready for tuesday, but i am scared re the pain and afters, the bloating is still there as i feel i may burst open any minute. But lets look on the positv side, its all for a good cause.......a living soul which is ours and cannot be claimed by anybodyelse. He also reminded me of the 12 days wait for the bloodtest which will be the longest 2 weeks of my life. all in all, its keep ur fingers crossed and all would be well.
    Lets keep our spirits up.