Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO the ladies who chart

I am contemplating starting to take my BBT just to see if i can tell when i OV through it etc.

I would usually Google how to go about all this but i don't want to go near Google as my fingers get a bit slap happy and i read things that convince me i am infertile :O

I just wanted to know what i need to do, where i need to record my charting, where i can get a BBT thermometer from and what means what when i do it.

If anyone could take a couple of minutes out of their day to tell me i would be very grateful image

tink xxx

Replies

• Options
    HI, I would love to know this as well.Does it have to be a special thermometer? What time of day do I doit and what am I looking for.??!!!
    Thanks
  • Options
    my advice would be to make sure you are consistent with the time you take your temps. Its recommended that you take it as soon as you wake up, which i did, but i didn't always get up at the same time, especially at weekends, and i found my temps seemed quite erratic. So i made an effort to set an alarm to wake me to take my temps at the same time everyday, even on a weekend. I would roll over turn off alarm, take temp and go back to sleep. the thermometer i use has a stored memory so you don't have to read it straight away, so once i had properly woken up i could turn it back on, see the temp and make a note of it. I found doing that made it much easier to see patterns in my temps and most importantly when i ov'd. I also used fertility friend and thought it was brilliant!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info I will def be trying this! x
  • Options
    Hey pet, I agree with Rangtang and littleb - fertility friend + 2 decimal place thermometer + take the reading at the same time each day!

Good luck! xx
  • Options
    Thanks for that ladies. I am just curious to see if i notice anything, i do use a CBFM too but my cycles are sometimes sooo long (on CD 40 something atm)

I will have a look on access diagnostic tomorrow and get one. I set my alarm for 6.05 everyday so i could take it then and go back to sleep image
    xx