Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Who's told parents about ttc

2»

Replies

• Options
    We haven't told anyone we're TTC. Apart from you lovely ladies of course. I have a feeling that my mum and sister might know though. I find it really hard keeping it from them as we're so close but just want it to be between me and OH for the time being. Will have to tell them straight away when we get our BFP though as i'm rubbish at keeping secrets and I know how excited they'll be. Will only tell the closest people though and they'll be sworn to secrecy for a good few weeks at least until we've had a scan. xx
  • Options
    I've told everybody that we are ttc as I'm too much of a chatter box to keep it quiet. They all know how broody I've always been though so it's no surprise either. I don't think it makes it any more stressful but my mum does worry that I'm too obsessed about it. She got pg with my older brother when she had the coil fitted (didn't work well!) and then with me when she didn't use the 'cap' ONE NIGHT. I've told her how lucky she is as she has escaped the stressful world of ttc and still has 2 children, 1 of each sex. She thinks she missed out on the whole ttc experience, how little she knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    I remember when I got pregnant with Amy I felt like a naughty schoolgirl telling my parents even though we were married it just felt strange!!!!

This time I havent them though they know we would like another one though I dont think they would be thinking quite soo soon after Zara but possibly buying the 7 seater might have given it away!!!! LOL
  • Options
    OH got a new car recently and so now we keep getting the 'nice family car' comments. Just laugh them off, which seems to be working at the moment LOL Not sure how easy it is going to be to keep doing it though!

MrsHopeful - know what you mean about wanting to tell my family before his - don't know why but I just wouldn't want them to know straight away.
  • Options
    I've not told my parents, have decided to wait until i get my bfp.

Give them a nice surprise very soon hopefully!
  • Options
    morning ladies.
    Both my mum, dad and sister know that we are TTC mainly due to the time and problems we've had so far (I have been diagnosed with PCOS and having a laparoscopy in few weeks) ... so I had to tell them really - Mum had exactly same problems as me and I'm very close to my family so it was never really a question...and I can't lie to save my life!!

However, on the other hand, my in laws have no idea - I would need to write a book to explain the difference between my family and the in laws...however, OH is completely happy with this (mainly his idea NOT to say anything!!) and is comfortable discussing the procedures etc with my parents...obviously not ALL the ttc details though!!! hahahah! xxxx

p.s. - why is it when you're up and ready at 7.30 am for a sofa delivery on a SAT morning...it doesn't turn up?!?! arrghhhh! (sorry had to rant!) x