Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hubby doesn't like me coming on here....

2»

Replies

• Options
    lol ! Thanks for the replies ! AT least I know i'm not alone !

I really should change my screen name or somethin ! Mines obvoiusly me ! I'm Stacey and i'm 25 ! lol ! So Stace25 kinda gives the game away ! lol !
  • Options
    lol my oh is watching tv he thinks on on facebook lol
  • Options
    My hubby totally supports me coming on here. We wouldn't know half stuff we do without it!

I have found the ttc after mc/ectopic invaluable and to talk to people who have had a similar experience is wonderful. My hubby knows this has helped me and so he is happy. He actually asked how various people i've got friendly with are getting on!

He knows these forums are no replacement to him and isn't threatened by it.

The way I see it is you're not hurting anyone and as long as it helps you who cares! x x
  • Options
    Think my hubby is getting a little tired of BE now! But as Mafia said, I found the girls here such a support after my mmc I really don't think I could have got though it without them, so I'm not going anywhere!

We have just agreed that in the evening he won't spend hours on COD4 if I don't log on to BE, which is fair enough (although in my defence it was being a COD4 widow that led me to investigate Baby Expert in the first place, so he only has himself to blame!!).

xxSara
  • Options
    lol my oh doesn't even know I come on here! we are ttc but because he gets so stressed about it he asked me not to tell him when I come off the pill .... I came off 3 months back lol so everytime he comes near the computer I have to switch screens! soon he's gonna think I'm cheating or doing something naughty!
  • Options
    my oh doesn't know I'm logged on here either. I've mentioned that I've looked up a few things on the internet re ttc and he was ok with that. I think he'd panic if he knew I was on here as it makes it seem to real I guess and he just enjoys the fun of ttc without really wishing to know all the technical stuff! x
  • Options
    Totally gatecrashing as I'm not TTC just now.

My hubby was the same and I never told him quite how much I come on BE. I found it invaluable when I had a mc and then fell pg again.

Now lo is 16 months old and I still post lots, questions and advice if i can.

When baby was born we were both nervous first time parents, as you can imagine. I was armed with the Baby Whisperer, Miriam Stoppard and Supernanny books to refer to when baby was crying and we didn't know why, how to get wind up, was a I feeding right etc etc etc

But on more than one occassion my hubby shouted
    "put those books down and get on that bloody baby site and ask some other mums what's wrong with him/what we should be doing/why he's crying etc"

He soon changed his tune. Good luck girls. S x
  • Options
    My DH isn't mad on the forums either. I started by telling him I was just googling as I don't have periods because of pcos. I then came clean and told him I'd been going on here. He wasn't too impressed but I explained that ttc is really emotional and I don't want to burden him with everything especially seeing as the whole ttc thing comes down to BD. We haven't told anyone that we are ttc. I caught him having a look at this site the other day but he wouldn't explain why. He seems to have satisfied himself but doesn't know my username etc. Think he may be looking at 'history' on my surfing though and will often ask if I've been sat on here all day. No.... honestly image! haha xxx